ꜰɪᴠᴇ

"Y/N!!" Hanako cried, immediately wrapping his arms around the young female exorcist when she walked through the bathroom door, and rubbed his cheek against hers affectionately, causing Y/N's face to immediately flush into a bright pink.

"Hey Hanako! What's going on? You're being much more affectionate than usual today!" Y/N laughed at Hanako's antics, not bothering to get the childish teenager off of her.

"We have a new mystery to catch!" Hanako beamed, as he pulled away from Y/N. Seeing him in such a happy mood really put her in high spirits.

"A new mystery? Could you mean Yoūsei by any chance?" Y/N asked, sitting on top of the sink's ledge.

"Yes, but.. they're actually called Mokke!" Hanako explained. "They've been causing a lot of havoc recently, all because of their rumours being changed." Hanako sighed before tipping his hat to Y/N, smirking at the girl. "I need my trusty bodyguard to protect me while I take care of the situation!"

"Why? It isn't like there are going to be any exorcists there-"

"True, but it's better to be safe than sorry!" Hanako smiled at the girl, throwing his hands up in defense.

Y/N sighed, pushing herself from the sink's ledge. "If you say so Hanako! I guess I do owe you for my wish after all."

"That's the spirit! Come on Y/N, let's go!" Hanako beamed, as he grabbed Y/N's wrist practically dragging her out of the room.

"How powerful are these spirits anyway?" Y/N questioned, as the duo turned the corner only to see another door slowly creaking open in front of them. Once Y/N got a look of the gigantic monster, she blinked for a moment.

"Haku-joudai, come forth!" As he said this, a cape suddenly appeared on him, his two spirit orbs revolving around him and a kitchen knife in hand. "Don't worry Y/N! I'll handle it!"

"So basically... Not strong at all." Y/N sweatdropped at the anti climatic fight. All Hanako had to do was slash the monster with his kitchen knife once and it immediately surrendered.

"Yup! You can't really really blame these little guys though!" Hanako smiled, patting one of the bunnies' head. "They're just so cute!"

"I guess you really can't once they're not trying to kill you." Y/N smiled, picking up a Mokke as it said "stop it."

"It's not our fault y'know.." one of the Mokke commented, handing the exorcist a candy as an apology "We really don't want to kill people, but we have to stick to our rumours.." Another Mokke finished, a saddened expression on it's face.

Y/N turned her head to towards Hanako in confusion. "Do rumours really matter that much to spirits?"

"Unfortunately, yes. If a rumour about a spirit isn't met by the real deal, then they cease to exist." Hanako explained, placing a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "As one of the Seven Wonders of this school, I have a duty to monitor all apparitions of this school. That also includes the duty to maintain order between humans and apparitions. As we both know, I can't turn a blind eye to murderous apparitions, I have to eliminate them. But.. There is something only a human can do to avoid all of the violence."

"Seems like you're in quite the predicament Hanako.." Y/N hummed, her eyes showed her true concerned feelings about the matter.

"Indeed I am. That's why I need you to help me with something. I was going to ask you later, since I'm technically still granting your wish but.." Hanako trailed off, looking down to the ground. Y/N put one of her hands on Hanako's own which was resting on top of her shoulder. As Hanako looked up at her, he saw Y/N give him her signature smile as she asked, "What's the favour Hanako?"