Chapter One: The Never Ending Staircase

"Laylah this isn't up for Debate!" Screamed my father. He was sitting on his throne which was decorated with bones from the cursed souls. Blood swam around this palace like a river and I thought it was wrong and absolutely horrid. unfortunately for me, no one else did.

Shouldn't people be given a chance? Shouldn't they get to have a trial or something to plead their case as of why they defiled their souls. What if they didn't have a choice? What if it wasn't their fault? Council men hated me for that very reason. They were scared if anything happened to my father that I wouldn't be capable to rule this place since I despise it so deeply. I know that many people definitely deserve what they are getting, but that's not everyone. Some people could be wrongfully accused. It just isn't fair.

I was forced to be here and I don't want other people who don't belong here to be stuck, just like me. I especially don't want to be the cause of other people's suffering and misery. Of course, that makes my job as future 'Dark Lord' or 'The Royal Highness of Hell' whatever people here call my father and I quite difficult.

"Father I don't want to do this to people! It isn't fair! Can't you at least hear them out!" I yelled knowing this wasn't going to end well for me. He never budged on anything, he enjoys watching people suffer endlessly. It was disgusting. We have had this argument countless amounts of times, all ending with him angry and me frustrated.

"You listen here you ungrateful brat."He spat, "I am the ruler of this realm, I have a duty to our people to keep the balance, as do you, and you will not and I mean will not have a choice in the events that we must conduct to keep the balance! Besides look at this place the sounds of their cries and screams are like music to my ears. You should feel the same, you must feel the same." He said disgust lacing his voice for having to have this conversation with me. Again.

"Go to the meeting room for council debrief." He demanded motioning for the guards to escort me, before pinching the bridge of his nose in aggravation.

I gave him one final glare before turning around and walking out the giant stone archway with demonic symbols carved into each one.

My black flats smacking against the stone floors as we continues down the corridor. We had paintings of the 'history of hell' if you would put it, surrounding the boring water and blood stained cobblestone walls.

"This is as far as we are permitted to go our royal highness." They both spoke while bowing. I nodded my head and thanked them. I stood at the end of the corridor facing a giant wooden door. Not just any ordinary door might I add. This is the door that leads to the most miserable room in this entire palace maybe even kingdom.

I pushed it open with a creak and began my way down the spiraling staircase. My shoes clicking on the cold cement stairs. I could hear the shouts of angry demons echoing up from the bottom of this dreadful staircase. I rested my hands upon the walls to keep my balance as I made my way down.

Once I reached the bottom silence immediately enveloped the room.

They all bowed in respect, but I knew not many of them liked me. They didn't like the idea of me one day becoming queen of hell, in fact they hated it. They didn't agree with my views on this dreadful place. I took my seat next to the head of the table.

"Where is the Dark Lord?" A demon named Azazel asked;Quite rudely might I add. His horns were just barely visible along his brown receding and greasy hair. He had wrinkly pale skin that was splotched with what looked like burns.

"He should be coming any second now." I spat back earning a glare from him.

I heard the clanking on my fathers shoes on the stone floors as he barged into the room. It was almost like the little life left in this room managed to be sucked out. He took a seat in the tall chair at the end of the table. This room disgusted me so much. It just practically screamed death and pain. The walls were black and red, the table and chairs were made out of bones. It disgusted me. The disgusting and ruthless demons didn't help with the rooms aura.