Chapter Twenty: Epilogue

2 months later

I laid on my bed, flipping through a journal father had given me to study. We've been working extra hard to find ways to entrap Cora next time she makes an appearance.

It will be easier to find a solution to how to defeat her for good, if she's here.

These books used to be forbidden but father thinks it's time I tap more into dark magic. To channel my demon sides in order to create a more controlled yet devastating form of magic. He believes that if we control less studied forms of magic it would have a better chance of actually weakening her rather than strengthening her with more magic.

I flipped the page when I felt a gust of wind in the room. I quickly jumped when I saw a figure standing next to me.

"Jasper." I yelled. "You nearly gave me a heart attack." I got up and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry." He laughed kissing my head.

"What is your father having you work on now?" He asked pulling me over to the bed with him.

He began kissing down my neck causing me to laugh.

"Jasper, we can't right now." I breathed.

"Why not." He spoke in between kisses.

"I have to keep working on this." I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

He sighed in defeat laying down on my bed. I crawled on top of him kissing him before rolling over back to the books.

He was tracing patterns on the back of my legs with his finger tips while I continued diving into these ancient journals.

"Hello." I heard making me jump back into Jasper.

I looked up in shock. It was Orpheus.

"h..h...how are you still alive?" I asked.

"Mother saved me, she will save you next." He smiled wickedly. I began scooting back.

"Laylah? Look at me." My attention quickly turned to Jasper. I saw a puzzled yet concerned look on his face.

"What is going on?" He spoke pulling me in top of his lap. I looked at him equally confused. Did he not see Orpheus?

I looked back at where he was standing but there was nothing there.

"What happened?" He asked again.

" I saw him." I spoke staring at the spot where he stood.

"Saw who?"

"Orpheus."