Chapter Five: Secrets, Lies and Betrayal

I stormed out of the room holding the journal in my shaking hands from being so angry and hurt.

I stormed into the throne room not caring that my father was talking to a member from the council.

"Why wouldn't you tell me!" I yelled at him.

"What is going on with her my Lord?" Asked Drake.

I couldn't contain my emotions as I 'accidentally' sent him flying across the entire throne room and hard into the stone wall where he collapsed to the ground.

"Laylah!" My father growled.

"Did you know?" I asked sticking my hand out with the journal. "Did you know that I was an experiment!" I said furiously.

"Your mother enjoyed research and experimentation, I just didn't realize how much until it was too late." He said taking a seat back on his throne.

"She wanted to make a strong ruler for this realm in hopes of having someone created from each most powerful and dangerous species she could find. She obviously didn't know the long term effects while consuming all of that blood. She was banished from heaven and sentenced here."

"Heaven?" I questioned.

"She was a fallen angel, wings torn off and banished from heaven. She was interfering with matters and conceived a child with the devil himself." He chuckled humorlessly.

"She was just asking to be banished, after I learned her intentions of what she was creating I was planning on killing her after you were born. She of course didn't know this or else she would have left, but I was able to uncover what she was hiding." He spoke.

"She was manipulative and creative when it came to experimentation."

"How long did it take for her to have me?" I asked curious because where I left off it was 2 years.

" seven years. She didn't start showing much until the fourth and fifth." Seven years to have me, who would want to be pregnant for seven years.

"When you were born you almost killed her, the doctors said you extinguished every single candle lit in this palace." He spoke I looked up to meet his eyes in shock.

"What did you do with her after I was born?" I questioned.

"I sent her to the Faction of the Forgotten but it didn't seem like enough, so I had her chained to the top of the tower where the fire can burn her all day and night, without end." He spoke with a smile on his face.

I shivered at the mention of that place, but I was glad my father was being honest with me even though it was a hard truth to take in.

"I found this picture, I don't think It's a coincidence that this drawing looks similar to the intruder earlier today." I spoke handing it to him.

"Phoenix." My father breathed."You have Phoenix blood in you."

"This Phoenix's name was Linc he was extremely difficult to capture. They are also called realm skippers because they aren't destined to any particular realm. They usually just keep to themselves which is why this is unheard of. But if they want war we will give them war."

I just nodded in understanding.

"What if I'm the key to all of this, war could be avoided if I let them take me, plus I can destroy them with a flick of my fingers." I tried.