xiii | 𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒕

" for never was a story of more woe than this of juliet and her romeo

" for never was a story of more woe than this of juliet and her romeo. "

─ ROOM ONE
( CORBYN AND DANIEL )

the tired brunette pushed open the metal door, corbyn running into his back as he stopped . "ow," the blonde whispered, rubbing his cheek with the palm of his hand. the two boys stopped to catch their breaths, daniel leaning against a wall to keep himself steady . "should've gone to the gym if i knew i was doing this," he said, now running his fingers through his messy hair.

the blonde giggled at daniel's words, looking down at his hands that were stained in mud, along with his clothes and shoes. the boy hissed loudly in pain as he began to pull down his sleeve that rolled up his arm when he ran through the maze, the material rubbing against the red blisters that covered them.

"you okay?" daniel asked, looking up at the older boy. the blonde let out a shaky breath, finally pulling the sleeve down, nodding his head, "all good, still alive."

daniel smiled lightly, realising a quiet yawn. they hadn't slept nor ate in nearly twenty-four hours and it was starting to affect them drastically. they were beginning to feel fatigued from the lack of sleep and the lack of food and water made them weak and dehydrated. the two boys were starting to go pale from not getting enough vitamin d as they hadn't left the government facility since they had arrived.

"just never put me in a maze again, okay?" corbyn joked, licking his bottom lip to hydrate it, removing himself from the wall he was leaning against . "whatever you say, besson," daniel replied, unattached himself from the wall he was leaning against as well, beginning to follow the blonde down the corridor.

the two boys walked in a comfortable silence, they were used to it now, being stuck in the escape room together brought them closer and they learned small things about each other throughout it. daniel learned corbyn loved his family more than anything in space ( even if he was obsessed with it ) and corbyn learned daniel had a passion for music and if he survived, he would pursue a career in the music industry ( and he knew he could do it . he could sing like an angel ).

the two had become friends over the near day they had spent together, it was sad they would separate when the last second had gone past.

as they continued to stroll down the corridor, corbyn had fallen to the ground from a force of the person. the green-eyed boy opened his eyes, looking into a girl's brown ones . "shit, i am so sorry," she repeated as she got off him, grabbing his arm to help him up.

corbyn smiled at her, tilting his head when he recognised her features, "you were at the start weren't you?" he asked . the brunette nodded her head, "yeah, tate. i know who you two are, surprised you're still alive."

daniel glared at the girl, grabbing corbyn's wrist and pulling him over to him, "we probably didn't kill are teammates," he spat, the girl chuckling at him.