viii | 𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓

𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌( 🖤⛓👻 )chapter eight

𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌
( 🖤⛓👻 )
chapter eight

ROOM ONE
─ CORBYN AND DANIEL

daniel pushed open the metal door . the cold breeze blowing gently against both the brunettes and blondes rosy faces . the younger boy ruffled his brunette locks , water droplets dripping from tye strands and onto the pavement .

"dani?" corbyn whispered , running his fingers through his blonde hair . daniel smiled at the nickname , turning himself around to look at corbyn . "yeah?" the brunette asked , he looked down at corbyn's hand , seeing the burns that scattered the skin on his arms .

"how'd you do that?" daniel asked , grabbing the boys wrist and inspecting it , blisters covering it . "i was too close to the fire , my arm-" before corbyn finished , he flinched , pulling himself away from daniel .

"sorry , i just wanted to look," daniel whispered , biting down on his bottom lip , beginning to taste blood . "daniel , you're hurting yourself . don't hurt yourself," the blonde whispered , wiping the blood off daniel's lips with his thumb .

daniel smiled lightly and moved away from corbyn , sighing . he looked at the blonde with a confused expression , following the boy's green eyes , turning around to see an entrance to a maze .

"did you ever watch maze runner?" daniel asked corbyn . the blonde nodded his head, "a lot of people died though . i don't want to be like that."

"well you know the drill right?" daniel questioned . "yeah , we run," the blonde said , daniel taking his hand and sprinting into the maze that was made out of green bushes .

a full hour went past and the two boys were lost , very lost .

corbyn's body filled with panic , his body shaking in fear . "we're going to die , we're going to die in a maze . this is like my worst nightmare," he cried . daniel walked over to corbyn and placed his hands on the blonde's shoulder. "stop panicking , please . we're going to be okay . i promise," daniel whispered to corbyn , who skipped a breath .

"corbyn , breath," the brunette told the older boy , placing his hands on corbyn's cheeks and caressing them with his thumbs, "bub , breath."

"we're going to die," corbyn repeated as he moved away from the younger boys touch . "we'll both die if you keep saying that!" daniel shouted , scaring the blonde . "i'm sorry," the blonde whispered , looking down at the ground , "i hate mazes , they scare the shit out of me."

"i'll look after you , okay . now let's get out of here," daniel whispered , kissing the blonde's forehead to keep him calm . corbyn nodded , taking daniel's hand for support - the brunette allowing it as the older boy was terrified , tightening his grip .

daniel took a right , walking into a bush , corbyn falling on top of him . "sorry," corbyn whispered , lifting himself off daniel . the brunette pulled the blonde back down not caring he was wasting time .

"daniel , what are you doing?" corbyn asked , the brunette hummed quietly , staring up at the stars . "i don't know anymore but it's quiet here," daniel whispered .

"you're getting distracted," corbyn told daniel , the brunette shook his head . "i know but , i like it here , me and you," the brunette smiled , letting his fingers trail up and down the older boys arm .

"seavey , stop," corbyn whined , now getting off the brunette . "we have to get out of this maze , i want to go home to my momma."

"so do i , but what's happens if we don't get out of here?" daniel asked . "we will," the blonde smiled . corbyn soon heard an owl flap its wings in the distance , turning his head towards the noise .

the large bird flew over the two boys , a roll of paper falling out of its talons . the brunette got up from his position , catching the falling paper . when it reached his hands , the boy inspected the fallen object . the paper was old , a light tan coating the small page like it had been written hundreds of years ago, a red ribbon that was loosely tied around it unwrapped itself .

daniel unwrapped the paper , reading the joint handwriting that was written by a black ink pen . corbyn tried to read the note but daniel pushed him away . "what does say?" corbyn asked , trying to grab the paper from daniel .

the brunette sighed , biting down on his bottom lip nervously , "this isn't good."

"you're in our maze , congratulations . there's no way out , don't tell your friend though or he'll be dead before you know it."

"really not good," daniel whispered , looking over at a worried corbyn . he wasn't going to let corbyn know , he didn't want to tell him he was going to die right here , right now .

- a/n ⁎⁺˳✧༚
poor corbyn 🤭