Prologue

Jack Skellington ^^
(By Wendyland on Devianart)

-

☾Prologue☽

The stars gently cast their beautiful glow down upon Halloween town. The night was silent, not a creature was stirring.

The only thing everyone in the town could do was to wait.

Just wait.

They waited and grimaced every time the beautiful rag-doll would heave a scream each time another laboring pain would hit her.

Sally painfully squirmed on the solid metal table. She would whimper every three seconds from the constant pain in her lower stomach. Each contraction literally making her suck in a shaky breath before letting it out into a blood curdling scream.

Jack Skellington, the rag doll's newly wed husband, paced back and fourth outside the room his beloved was being held in. Each one of her screams making him grimace and whimper, knowing that it was him that had caused her this terrible pain.

Dr. Finklestein ushered his daughter, Sally, to push while some red eyed wolves howled along with Sally's painful screeches somewhere far away on a mountain top.

A few more minutes later, Sally sighed a sigh of relief once she felt the release of the baby. Sally gave a small smile when she heard the baby begin to cry.

"It's a girl." Dr. Finklestein says cheerfully before wrapping the baby in a small, blue cloth. He gently shushes it before rolling over in his wheelchair to a small crib he had built for it when he first found out Sally was pregnant. He carefully places the baby in the small cushioned bed before quickly going back to Sally.

"Ahhh, my dear." He says, his voice unusually kind.

"Get Jack." Sally says curtly, wiping some off some of the sweat on her forehead.

Before Dr. Finklestein can move, Jack bursts through the door, running to his beloved Sally.

"My love, how are you? How is the child? Is it well? Dr. Finklestein, shouldn't Sally be on some kind of pain killer or potion, I-"

"Jack please. Everything and everyone is well." Sally says smiling up at him, her small, softly spoken voice says as she gently rests a hand on Jack's skeleton like one.

Jack can't help to look away from Dr. Finklestein and smile down at Sally. Jack's head suddenly perks up towards the baby's crib when he begins to hear it's soft whimpers.

He leans down to kiss Sally's forehead before quickly walking over to the crib and lifting the child into his arms.

A sudden protectiveness comes over him as he stares down at the beautiful baby girl. He secretly vowed to never let anyone harm his precious child no matter what the case. He seemed to have loved her just like he loved his Sally. He had a connection with it.

Who knew he could love someone as much as he loved Sally?

The baby stops crying as it stares up at it's father, curiosity clouding it's view. Jack smiles, making the baby giggle.

"Jack. I believe the baby's mother would like to hold her child." Dr. Finklestein says just above a whisper.

Jack nods before he turns around and silently begins walking towards his love, holding the baby securely in his arms.

Sally lifts up her small arms and reaches for her baby. Jack's smile widens before gently laying the child in Sally's arms.

The smile on Sally's face would never leave Jack's mind. She looked so incredibly happy.

Oh how he loved her.

He puts his hands behind his back and watches the the mother and child begin to bond, the smile never leaving his face.

"I'll give you three some privacy.." Dr. Finklestein says quietly, but all the same happily before exiting the room in his wheelchair.

After a moment, Sally looks up to Jack, the baby peacefully asleep in it's mother's arms.

"She's beautiful, Jack." Sally says in her sugary tone.

Jack nods in agreement. The baby looked exactly like her mother. Only accept she had shared his white, achromatic skin tone unlike her mother's blue, cerulean skin tone. And instead of the crimson red hair Sally had, the baby's hair was as dark as a crow's feathers.

"She looks like you, my dear." Jack says, gently swiping some of the drenched, sweat soaked hair out of Sally's face.

After a pause, Sally whispers a small, "I love you, Jack."

"I love you as well, my love."