Chapter 44

-At school-

"Adam, why would you leave without us?!" Bree yelled at Adam.
"Because you didn't tell me to wait. Duh" he replied 'smartly'.
We had our first, second, third, fourth an fifth period, now we only have one period until we can go home. I wish school was longer... Uhh... I mean... I so want school... To be over.... Umm.... So true..
It's our ten minute break, so Bree, Adam, Leo and I are outside at the school yard now.

"Chase, maybe it's best if you, Adam and I leave now, Jasmin's headed this way." Leo suggested.
"Yea..." I replied. We started walking toward the bench table, a bit away from Bree, until I over heard Jasmin,
"I thought I could trust you, now I know why Chase is ignoring me. You told your family didn't you." Jasmin looked really upset.
I went to the bench table two meters away from Bree and Jasmin, and I was listening to them... I wasn't spying or eves dropping.. I just happened to end up close to them to hear them...
"Jasmin, look, I never meant for any of this to happen, Crane has been taunting us for like forever, and I had to tell them. I'm really sorry Jasmin." Bree replied.
"Yea right." Jasmin started looking really upset and a bit disappointed, "I'm pretty sure you were just ditching me at the park."
"I wasn't, I really was sick..." Bree was probably hoping that Jasmin forgot that we're bionic. "I'm really sorry Jasmin."
Jasmin just walked away, and left Bree standing there, Bree sat on the bench and just stared at her hands looking like she'd super speed away and explode into tears, I wouldn't blame her, she just kinda lost the only best friend she had that would understand anything that would go wrong.
"You okay..?" I asked sitting beside her.
"Yea... I-I'm fine.. I.. Yea..." She stammered. "You heard...?"
"Yep... Everything... Look I'll talk to her... For you... I'll talk to her for you, you're my sister, and I want to fix things. This is technically my fault."
"Chase, I know this is hard for you... You don't have to." Bree gave a fake grin.
"But I want to, I care about you, just like you've cared about me my whole life, and also planned to annoy it." I tried making her laugh. "And plus, do you think Jasmin has anything to do with Crane anymore? Otherwise, she could always be on our team... Can't she..?" I started getting nervous.
"I guess." Bree replied, I could see her eyes get less watery, then her sadness faded away. "And since when have I annoyed you?" she joked.