Chapter 6- Jealousy

Six

"You made it!"

Taehyung's deep voice booms and Yoongi is already taking off towards him. "They're so cute" Mila mumbles clinging to my arm "I guess so" I mumble back, she chuckles before placing a kiss to my cheek. "I see Namjoon, let's go get a drink and say hi"

I let her lead while I scan the room, I'm not sure why I'm even looking for y/n. I know she wants nothing to do with me at the moment but that doesn't stop my eyes from searching.

"Hey guys"

I look over at the voice and see my group of friends embracing Mila, I give them a nod and glance around once more. Yoongi rolls his eyes at me before handing out a few glasses of champagne.

"Congratulations babe, the turn out is nice tonight"

Yoongi says pulling Taehyung down towards his lips. It was his first show in a whole year and he had been pretty nervous about it. But seeing how big the crowed was tonight and given Taehyung's talented eye at photography I'm pretty sure he had nothing to worry about.

"Is y/n coming tonight?"

My head whips around when I hear the mention of her, luckily no one but Yoongi notices. It's Namjoon who asks, which was kind of odd. The smug look on Yoongi's face makes my mind wander a bit.

"Yeah she said she'd be a little late though"

Taehyung says "Yeah she was on a date" Yoongi adds glancing between me and Namjoon. Why Namjoon? Was he just fucking with me? Namjoon wouldn't go after y/n he's my best friend..and y/n on a date? I highly doubt it.

"Good for her!"

Mila beams, Yoongi chuckles and nods "I agree" Taehyung shakes his head before grabbing his boyfriends hand "Excuse us I need to mingle and you need to come along before you cause anymore trouble" he basically whispers the last part but I catch it as they pass between me and Namjoon.

~~~

It's getting later and y/n still hasn't arrived,  I feel a sense of panic because maybe she was on a date. I also feel worried cause what if something happened to her? I can't help but worry about her. I loved her...

"Will you calm down she just got here"

I jump when Yoongi whisper/yells in my ear, I follow his gaze and to my surprise I don't feel any less anxious.

I can see y/n, she looks beautiful but she wasn't alone. Normally I'd be fine I wouldn't think anything of it because the man next to her is my best friend. But given all the suggestiveness of the night I feel uneasy seeing Namjoon making her smile and laugh the way I used to.

"She looks happy don't you think?"

I nod even though I know Yoongi is trying to get under my skin, she did look happy and incredibly beautiful. "Was she really on a date?" I mumble Yoongi shrugs before walking over towards her and Namjoon. "You almost ready babe?" I hear Mila ask, I look to my left and see her approaching. What was I doing?