Chapter 8- Shift

Eight

A few weeks had passed and every day I feel myself getting better. It was like having such a pure simple moment with a friend awoken my body again. It was like my body finally started to feel alive again, I felt so aware and inspired. It was such a refreshing feeling.

Oddly enough I had met up with Namjoon almost every single day since that night. I enjoyed my time with him, I felt like I could tell him anything and not be judged. He made me smile and laugh again, he might not know it but even just having him around was helping me in some weird way. He was a breath of fresh air that I didn't know I needed.

Along with that I also started therapy, I had never been to fond of the idea. I was more of a bottle your feelings up and deal with them later type of person. But clearly that wasn't working out for me so Namjoon suggested therapy, I fought him on it for a week but he finally got me to go and to be honest it has helped a lot.

Don't get me wrong it's hard, I hate having to talk about what I've gone through over the past year or so but I needed to do it. No matter the cost.

As far as Hoseok goes, we hadn't spoken. He's called and texted but I never respond or picked up. I just didn't see the point, although my heart ached for him still...I just couldn't let myself go there. Especially sense he was still with Mila.

"Knock knock"

I shout pushing open Namjoon's front door "You know it's not safe to keep your front door unlocked...oh" I stop when I see Hoseok and Mila in the living room with Namjoon. I instantly feel uncomfortable and small.

How can just the sight of him make me revert back to my weak self.

"What are you doing here?"

I glance at Namjoon who's standing now, he's giving me an apologetic look as Hoseok's eyes rip into me. Mila of course is just all smiles looking gorgeous as ever, how the fuck does she do that?

"I...well we were suppose to go somewhere but maybe I got my days mixed up...I'm sorry"

I turn to leave but Namjoon is already heading towards me. I only make it to the front door before his hand is on mine. "Don't go, you know damn well you didn't get your days mixed up" Namjoon smirks and I smile, I take a deep breath before looking up at him.

"I know I didn't, I just didn't expect them to be here I kinda panicked"

"I didn't expect them either, they just showed up to visit"

I nod looking down at our hands, Namjoon notices and quickly lets go making me chuckle. "Sorry don't want to get my girl cuddies on you" he rolls his eyes and laughs "Your such a child"

"What's going on here?"

We both look over and see Hoseok, we both instantly take a step apart for some reason. I'm not completely blind, I know Namjoon has been hinting and even flirting and I'm not going to lie and say I haven't flirted back.

The attention was nice, it felt good to have someone look at me in such a way. I've felt disgusted with myself for far too long so to have a sexy guy like Namjoon flirt with me gave me hope that maybe just maybe I wasn't so bad.