Sentiment Encroaching

"Raven, please—!"

Raven advanced on Y/n who didn't move from his seat and he is looking at her impassively, even a little annoyed. Her friends seem to be talking to her but she didn't take in one word; Raven's head was buzzing with only one thought and that was what in the world is he doing here?

Raven: "What the hell are you doing in our hous—?!" Raven screeches furiously, drawing back her dark-energy-engulfed fist.

But Robin and Beastboy and Cyborg suddenly stuff baked cookies into Raven's mouth; she choked, and Robin seizes the opportunity to pull her aside.

Robin: "Starfire," said Robin, addressing to Starfire. "Could you please show him his room?"

Starfire: "Of course," said Starfire brightly happy. "Follow me, Y/n!"

Y/n: "Thank you," said Y/n quietly; he stands up, picks up his bag, and follows her out of the room. 

Raven's forehead creases, struggled to comprehend the scene, it seemed like her brain stopped functioning.

Cyborg: "For heaven's sake, Rave! What is your deal?" Cyborg said with a bit of irritation. "That man will be staying with us."

Robin: "And his room happens to be right next to yours." He says flatly. "You don't want to leave any grudges on your first impressions."

Raven swallows her mouthful of cookies with great difficulty, she coughs and sputtered out several grains of cookie; she wipes her lips with the back of her hands and sat on the infirmary's bed.

Raven: "What's that?" she croaked, her face contorting into glaring at her teammates.

Robin: "I said, he will be—" 

Raven: "What kind of leader ARE YOU that would allow a stranger to be living under the SAME roof with your only friends?" Raven suddenly snaps, then her tone shifts, this time to a harsh and biting disgust. "And to add insult to injury, I have to live with him?!" She points her finger at the door, her brows slanted in heavy disapproval.

Cyborg: "You're not going to share the same room," Cyborg says with a smirk, raising his hands with a shrug. "It's not that bad."

Raven: "I beat up perverts, not live with them! What would the public think? And most of all, doesn't that stab we got in the back refresh your memories? " 

Robin raised his hand; he suddenly looks serious.

Robin: "I know you're not quite the trusting and I don't blame you. We've had a few nasty surprises from people who appeared to help us." Beast Boy's expression slackens as if something struck his chest, but he didn't try to correct Robin. "Please Raven, this is a very serious matter."

Raven: "I don't understand! He can go anywhere and whenever he wants," said Raven almost hotly; her right temple was suddenly pounding. 

Robin: "That's because..." He hesitantly stops and looks at Cyborg & Beastboy who held his gaze with somewhat anxious, anticipating eyes. Robin exhales a sigh, returning his attention to Raven. "He's not the one who asked us to recruit him, we are." 

Raven was slack-jawed, her eyes shot open in utter disbelief before she looks at her lap— 

Cyborg: "Girl, we saw the footage Robin showed you. He's done almost all he has alone with his capabilities and with harsh enough conditions. We've seen and we know that he has the drive to do good. Imagine how much he could help if he was a part of the team."