Reasons for Aversion

Raven heaves a sigh and flops onto the crescent-shaped couch. Her right temple is throbbing a little; her headache from yesterday had not fully subsided. 

It's already evening and Raven and Starfire are in the living room, watching television. Silkie was lying down on Star's lap, idly making himself comfortable. Where Raven now sits in silence, one leg crossed over the other in a ladylike and genteel manner, with the novel she'd picked out open in front of her.

The evening news just ended and a familiar tune heralds the start of the prime-time soap operas.

"—I don't want to accept it, I don't want to lose you. As time goes by and the more I age, the more I will begin to forget about you.—"

'My manifestation of her that my psychosis projects have given me the harsh truth of it all, as I reached out to touch her face, she slowly smiled and held my hand to her face.'

"—You'll forget about me one day. As much as you don't want to accept it, the outcome will not change.—"

'She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said,'

"—Even if my memory no longer dwells in your mind, it shall dwell in your heart.—"

'And with those final words and final tears being shed, she slowly began to disappear. My manifestation and her memory have disappeared.'

Starfire sniffles quietly, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

The sorceress lifts her head from the pages, obviously lured by the sound, and peers towards the Television, face resolutely unimpressed. 

Raven: "As if that ever happens in real life," Raven pouted, bringing her gaze back to the pages, seeming quite uninterested in the display.

Starfire: "It is popular because a lot of people can relate to it, Raven." Starfire replied rather defensively.

Raven: "Ugh," Raven rolls her eyes, "Its cliché, Starfire. It happens over and over and over again; don't you ever get tired of the same circusy that's played in what other people call entertainment nowadays?"