Disquiet

"...How 'bad' exactly are we talking about here, Doctor?" Cyborg said.

The light was too bright for Raven's eyes after the darkening gloom outside, it was abrasive, enough perhaps to bring on one of her migraines.

The doctor explained to Raven and her friends the gravity of Robin's condition in a juxtaposition of panic and concern. Raven listened intently; the words "severe fatigue", "general risk of possible Anemia" and "overexertion" were the only ones that processed clearly in her head. Beastboy and Cyborg stood behind Raven & Starfire, anxiously shuffling their feet and growing impatient at the doctor's pretentious terms and lengthy explanation, wishing that they would already be allowed to enter the room.

The hospital hallway was like something out of Star Trek. Everything that could shine, did shine. There was stainless steel, sleek floors and the art on the walls were all-natural images in colours as bright as glacier melt-water or spring flowers. The air had a pure fragrance, not sterile, just clean. In the background played music at just the right level to give the patients and staff an emotional lift. But the best part was the ceiling, just clear and high arched. It was like standing out in the open without the risk of rain.

"You can go see him now," the doctor finally says.

Even before the doctor finished his sentence, Cyborg and Beastboy immediately push open the door and the faint hue of blue light, combined with the peaceful moonlight was shining over and a bonny black silhouette greets them from the sole window. 

Robin was lying down on a hospital bed. 

Starfire, as quietly as she could, approached him and sat down at the edge of the bed. Robin stirs, took a couple of short weak breaths and moves his hand, his bare hand.

"Star..fire..." he croaked, groping the space in front of him.

Starfire: "I'm here, beloved..." whispered Starfire, carefully reaching up and giving his hand a light squeeze. 

Raven walks into the room like the floor will give out under her body mass. Every step is so light that she makes no sound at all. 

It took a few moments for everything to fall into place, for her eyes to adjust to the components streaming into the room. She is so nervous yet still she comes, walking softly forwards. The anxiety sits below her horrified gaze, her posture, her unspoken words... 

In those kinds of beds lies everyone's future unless they are lucky enough to pass in their home. Today it is a friend, a young man... a friend, who believed in her and who went through hell for her.