Acts of Contrition

A low, waning gibbous moon hovered tenuously in the twilight firmament, bestowing a very dim light upon the land ❧

The ground below her was alive with lights, like someone had taken a handful of glitter and thrown it as far as the eye can see. From afar, it was too dark to make out individual buildings, but the lights were enough. 

"—veritable storms of devastating evidence against the Chief of Justice were unearthed alongside the investigation on the hooded assassin's extortion—"

I can't believe a person like that existed. Didn't he think about other people he'd kill?

"—These shocking revelations of seven cardinals in Rome with accounts in the Zurich Bank, accounts that contained almost three billion dollars in equity and assets after the assassination of Pope—"

Raven, always remember that there is a difference between using a vast terrible power for good... and using it for evil.

"—in the wake of the turmoil cause by the former four years ago, NATO forces have finally succeeded in ordering a cease-fire. Peace talks are underway after years of political unrest—"

thank goodness he's dead.

"—held a conference today in London to discuss Somalia's new democratic system after years of anarchy and war—"

Raven, if something was wrong would you do what you can to correct it?

Laws are decided by a majority vote. Morality is not all about how many people say that something is good or bad, or how many individuals favor and decide that a certain act is right or wrong.

What she had heard in the past, along her way back to the tower continually cycles in her mind, only pausing for a few seconds to recall the main gist of the news heralded.

"—abolished military junta, Myanmar has finally opened to the world which would greatly improve their economy—"

See? In the end, the world had finally experienced freedom and peace. You resemble him in a way, both of you want to do what is right in every turn in a way that you know.

"—The International Criminal Court filed lawsuits against Sri Lanka president over killings allegedly committed by the army during the civil war—"

If you do not get rid of that core... then that great, shining dream of peace... is just an illusion.

With a wistful expression on her face, Raven's eyes drift from the glass wall to her heeled boots, where she absentmindedly pulls her feathered cloak a little tighter around her body, hair strands bordering her face.