Chapter 33

She grabbed Taehyungs hand.

He looked at her as her grip was strong, she was tightening it.

Noora didn't look at Taehyung, she had no idea he was looking at her. Her eyes were fixed on the ground.

She felt it again, the disgusting hands on her lower back. She suddenly jerked and held Taehyungs hands much more tightly.

Taehyung immediately said loudly "Noora. What is happening?"

His eyes were on her. She didn't look up.

"Tell me." he said.

Noora didn't meet his eyes, her memories of her past which was buried deep began rising.

He turned towards her. He held her shoulders. He said "Noora what's wrong?"

He bent closer to her. She finally lifted her gaze and looked in his eyes.

Taehyung read her... She was afraid, her eyes showed an unspoken fear.

"Someone... is touching me." She said in a small voice, as if someone would pull her voice away if she said anything.

Taehyung fumed in anger.

He looked behind Noora.

A man older to them stood smiling down at Nooras frame.

Taehyung gently pushed Noora behind him.

She stood behind him her gaze low but Taehyung held her close to him.

She couldn't see what was happening ahead, she stood behind Taehyung facing his back.

Taehyung glared at the man.

"What did you do?" Taehyung growled.

"Me? Oh nothing? What would I do?!" he said so normally.

"Say it by yourself or watch me pull out the words from your sick throat." Taehyung howled angrily.

The man stepped back.

"Relax. It wasn't serious, I didn't know she was your girl. I just liked her, she's a babe." he smiled and said.

Taehyung had to control himself from tweaking his neck like a tooth pick. It was a piece of cake for him to break this douches face.

"Go find yourseld another babe." Taehyung grunted.

"Look.." Before the man could complete.

Taehyung grabbed his hands.

The whole crowd now staring at them.

Taehyung yelled "You touched her with these. Right?"

Taehyung applied complete pressure and broke his fingers. The man yelled in pain. Taehyung had dislocated almost all his finger bones.

He grabbed him by his neck and said "What a shame? Now you can't even touch yourself. Your lucky she's here in front of me if i was alone with you and not surrounded by these people. I would have pushed my bare hands inside your chest and ripped your heart out."

Noora stood soundless.

Taehyung pushed the man, he was wincing in pain.

The whole crowd stood quietly staring at the ruckus created in front of them.

Taehyung looked at Noora. He went to her, as he was about to hold her hand she stepped back.

"Hey.. Noora it's me." Taehyung spoke softly to her.

She looked at him, her eyes were glossy but she didn't dare to spill her tears.

"Its alright its me.. I've got you.." He assured her.

She nodded and held his hand tightly. He kept her close in his embrace, She didn't let go as they walked outside the carnival.

They stopped by a seating bench on the road.

Noora was quiet throughout. Taehyung wanted her to feel a bit more stable before talking to her.

They sat next to each other. Noora still holding Taehyungs hand tightly.

"Noora." Taehyung called out to her.

She looked at him.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Taehyung asked.

"I.. I didn't know.. What was happening.. It happened to quickly for me.. To realise..." she said, her voice timid.

Taehyung pulled her closer to him.
He cupped her face in his large hands.

"There was something that stopped you, I know how you are, you have immediate reactions to things. But today... There was a memory in your eyes which reminded you of something bad. You were afraid it would repeat. I felt it Noora.. When you suddenly held me. It wasn't ordinary... I sensed your fear. " he explained to her.

She tiled her head lower. She realised that now she couldn't hold it, she spilled her secret speaking her heart out.

Taehyung heard her, he didn't stop holding her. Through his embrace Noora was assured of security, she never shared this secret with anyone. Taehyung understood her reaction. He now understood why she was so sensitive to this topic.

He looked in her eyes.

"Noora, your a strong women. But today what happened, luckily I was there and I promise to you that I will be there till I can. But someday you have to be alone to. You won't always have someone to protect you. You have to learn to protect yourself."

He continued" If ever someone lays a hand on you. I don't want you to do what you did today. You can't stand quietly with your head held low. So what your a woman, you have a voice of your own. You will not tolerate a touch which you don't want. You did nothing wrong. Those jerks are touching you. You will yell scream do everything in your power to fight back."

He took her hand in his and said
"Promise me Noora. Promise me that you won't stay quiet and you will fight back because I can't be there with you always, I want to protect you but you should protect and fight for yourself too."

Noora looked at him, understanding his words. She accepted every word he said.

"I promise to you. " she said.

Taehyung nodded.

"I'm sorry i reacted a bit late.. " Taehyung said.

"I was too confused as too what was happening." he admitted.

"No. No.. Thank you for protecting me for fighting for me. If I would have been alone.. I'd just run away in fear. You fought for me.. Thank you for being there for me." She thanked him.

"I don't want a thanks.. I want to know if your okay." he said lovingly as he he stroked her hair.

"Your there with me, I'm more than okay" she said as she smiled softly.

Taehyung leaned in and kissed her forehead and an act which he was getting used to.

Noora loved it too, the feeling of care and warmth engulfed in this act of his.

They looked at each other for a while that's when Noora's phone rang, she answered it.

"Right now?" Noora asked to the person on the other line.

"Rae Ahn it's pretty late." Noora explained.

The name making Taehyung roll his eyes.

"I won't come alone then. I'll get Taehyung with me." Noora said.

"Alright I'll see you in a while." Noora said and kept the call.

She looked at Taehyung and said "Since I haven't met Rae Ahn in a really long time, he wishes to meet me at his favourite cafe, but I said i wont come alone.. So do you wish to come along..?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes "Wow... Is that even a thing to ask?"