Chapter 53

"Everyone, The Speaker for today is Miss Noora Darwish, a young enthusiastic Crime journalist, writer, spokesperson for various research institutes. She off lately had a big break in a successful case studies lead by her in Korea. After taking a 6 months break and travelling the world. She's here to share her journey with us. Please put your hands together for Miss Darwish!" the spokesperson announced.

I stepped on stage. My stomach stiff from nervousness, I'm never usually nervous when it comes to speaking on stage or before an audience. But today I was. I was suprised at myself. That I choose to speak on something so elaborate, something so exquisite and close to my soul. It was the journey of my life, which moulded me, the love which I never believed in, never thought would come to me. But when it came I was blessed in elation, in a glee of magical world. I, Noora Darwish had to do this.

I held the microphone, smiling at my audience. They all chirping as they spotted me.

Taking a deep Breath I began,

"Hi,
Wow, I think I should've used the washroom before stepping on stage.

(small in distinctive laughter erupted)

Being here for me is very heartwarming, I wanted to be someone who spoke of things no one in the world highlighted.

So Thank you for giving me this chance.

I'm a middle eastern girl by the way, Obviously my name suggests that. I'm from the depts of Yemen, a hardcore girl from Sana'a. My name Noora has a meaning which is light.

And Trust me all my life, I've looked for that light.

I at the tender age of 18 was so fed up of life that I just wanted to run away. My family was amazing, supportive. We were a well to do family, lots of respect, no pressure of anything. I had everything I could ask for. But there was something inside of me... That was never satisfied. I tried to bury that feeling. It was an emptiness, I finally then decided to give this unsaid feeling a chance. I wanted to understand what was eating me up alive from inside.

In simple words this feeling was the dream to live. Live my life with filling the jar of passion in me.

There was so much in me, so much I wanted to share, so much to adapt to, to learn and believe.

I just wanted to be out there, to be able to love being alive. To fill this emptiness with a beautiful voice of its own.

If I hadn't taken a decision to leave and stayed back in Yemen I would have had three kids right now literally being a typical gorgeous Arabic house wife.

I don't say that is wrong, it just wasn't what I wanted, I wanted to scrutinize each moment of life and devour the taste.

Being a Journalist in Korea perfectly did that for me. I loved my job like crazy. Mad crazy enough to marry my job.

I loved living a challenging life which started for me right at the threshold of Daily planet.

I sang too (giggles) at a local pub there. I never dreamed of sold out stadiums, platinum albums. Just my voice being heard even by one person who connects to the words I sing meant a win for me.

I was living the life I worked for, very happily.

Until one day everything changed.

Now, take this as a fantasy but I did come across this beautiful stranger. Who I never had any intention of befriending. He was unsual, surreal not because he was handsome but because his perception of this world was beyond my caliber.

I'm someone who keeps everything to herself, doesn't let anyone in. I believe I can take care of myself.

But I let him in...