CHAPTER THREE

"One of you are gonna have to cut me off soon," Katherine says as she sips the alcohol, "My tolerance is a joke now

"One of you are gonna have to cut me off soon," Katherine says as she sips the alcohol, "My tolerance is a joke now. It's just so glorious."

"You're miserable." Damon states, watching Katherine carefully as she pours another drink.

"Please. I'm Katherine Pierce," Katherine smirks, before her eyes trail to Steve, "I'm a survivor. And you are?"

"My best friend," I bark, "So back off."

"Oh, so Emmie has friends now?" Katherine raises her eyebrows, "I always thought you were gonna be a depressed little girl who-in her free time-likes to-"

"That's enough," Damon cuts her off, walking towards her, "You're a liar. Your hair is messed up. Your nails have chipped. You're a sad, miserable, human being. And you want me to turn you, so here. Go ahead, drink up, I'll kill you. You'll bite hairball over here and you'll be a vampire again."

"Damon, no!" I shout.

"Kidding. You can have the mailman." Damon grumbles, holding his bleeding wrist to Katherine, "Go ahead, come on."

"I can't, okay? No one's ever taken the cure before. If I die, there's a good chance I might never wake up," Katherine explains.

"And that would be tragic," Damon replies sarcastically.

"And deep down, in that mushy-gushy Elena-loving heart there's a part of you that doesn't want me to die." Katherine let's her fingers roam Damon's neck, but Damon wasn't having any of it, and neither was I.

"Well, I do," I shrug, "Katherine, you can be a guinea pig for this experiment."

Katherine rolls her eyes, "I'm not dying, Gilbert. I'll never die. Get over it."

I scoff as Damon sighs, "What are you doing here, Katherine."

She was about to answer, when the phone mounted onto the wall of the room started to ring.

Katherine sprang over to it, but I didn't care to listen to the conversation as Steve pulled me out of the room, and out of the mansion.

"That was scary," Steve says as he walks down the sidewalk, "She could have eaten me, you know?"

I sigh, "Steve, she's human, she's not gonna eat you. And Damon knows that if he hurts you, Elena will be mad."

Steve purses his lips, running a hand through his hair, "Fine. But if I die because of you, I'm gonna kill you."

A smirk makes its way onto my face and I nudge Steve with my shoulder, "What I didn't tell you, is that Mystic Falls is home to a beautiful grill, where anyone can drink."

"Drink? Like alcohol?" Steve asks, looking down at me.

"Yes," I smile, "What do you say? Wanna do some underage drinking?"

|

"I missed this," I slur, slurping down the last sip, "I haven't gotten drunk since that Halloween party last year."

"Oh my gosh, that party," Steve makes an 'o' shape with his mouth, "That's when Nancy said I was bullshit."

I scowl at my best friend, "You left me all alone at that party. I fell down the stairs, but Billy came to the rescue."

"You two were so great, he was doing much better when he was around you," Steve softly smiles.

"I miss him," I bite my lip, "A lot. God, why does this have to happen to us?"

Steve started to scratch his eyebrow just as Matt walks up, "I think you two are done now."

He puts the empty glasses on a platter, and I whine, "No! Matt no!"

"Yes, Emmie, yes." He chuckles.

"I need the drinks, I need them. I just lost my boyfriend, and someone who was really close to my parents, my father figure, and I need at least 250 more drinks." I lay my head in my hands.

"Vicki died, and both my parents left," Matt raises his eyebrows, "I drank like twice."

I scoff, "The only people left in my family is Elena and Jeremy."

"What about your aunt and Dustin-"

"Steve! I'm trying to make a point!" I scold, and Steve shrugs.

"Matt," I plead, dragging the 't', "I need some drinks."

"I think what you need, is for me to call Damon to pick you up and bring you home."

"Elena burnt our house down," I argue, "Do you want me to sleep on a bench? Matt, I cant believe you. I can't even look at you, I'm going home. God, people these days."

Matt shakes his head as I try to stand up, but stumble.

"Here, here, I'll help," Steve makes his way to my side, holding me by waist, "Don't make any sudden movements, or we'll both fall splat."

I nod, and pay, before walking out of the grill, "The suns so hot."

"It's summer, obviously." Steve rolls his eyes.

Just then, a car horn beeps, and we both jump.

"Get in the car, tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum," Damon orders.

|

I wake up the next morning next to a snoring Steve, I groan, sitting up and holding my head.

Standing over me was...Stefan? Holding a small tray with waffles, water, and bacon, "Hungover?"

"Stefan?" My eyes widen and I leap up, pulling him into a hug.

He pats my back, before pulling away, handing me the tray, "Waffles sprinkled in red ginseng, water, and some beautifully cooked bacon."

I smile, thanking him, "When did you get back? Where have you been?"

"Oh you know, out and about, sorry for being so MIA," Stefan glances at Steve before looking back to me, smiling, "Did you hear about what happened to the mayor?"

I shake my head, eating a piece of bacon, "No? What happened?"

"He got killed," Stefan answers bluntly.

I gasp, "Killed? Bonnie must be devastated, I should call her mom's house. When did this happen?"

"Just last night," Stefan takes the tray from my hands, and I glare at him. He pulls me onto my feet, "You're gonna come with me, we're gonna pay a little visit to your sister."

For some reason, I felt as if I had to obey, and that's what I did. I slipped on my shoes and put my hair up as we walked out of the Salvatore house, leaving a sleeping Jeremy and Steve by themselves.