Soleil Sierra Cervantes

"Luck. It is a very powerful word. The one thing that could change anyone's life forever. It is brought to us by chance. Isang patunay na hindi natin kayang kontrolin ang kahit na ano sa buhay na ito. Pero kapag pinili ka ng langit na pagbigyan, swerte."

"I have always wondered who decides our destiny? Who gives us luck? Who decides that you will be born in a happy family? Who decides that you won't?"

"I was seven years old when I got introduced to the life that is destined for me."

"Rao or Raj for his friends and relatives is the most beautiful man I've ever seen in this life. Beautiful not in a girly manner, but in a masculine and powerful way."

"I wasn't lucky enough to be born somewhere better."

"Positibo ako na kaya natin lahat hawakan ang ating tadhana. Luck will only interfere when it realizes that the things yoy are searching aren't for you."

"I pray the time would run faster. For the sands to thin so it would pass the hourglass' narrow neck faster, and eventually end another chapter."

"I am not a master of the world, unlike what my father is telling everyone. And luck will never side with me because of the lies we are telling people. And right now, looking back, I must say... It never did... from the very beginning."

"My heart is beating wildly. My chest hurt so bad. And even it hurts in my chest, I still feel happy. I am so happy. And that was the highlight of my eleventh summer in this world."

"I have heard love stories before. I found them mediocre. Pero pagkatapos kong binasa ang isang nobela tungkol doon, I realized it's not. It's magical and dreamy. Almost as if it isn't true."

"I think the most powerful thing in the world is love."

"Natutong magpatawad ang mga tao dahil sa pagmamahal. Natutong magsakripisyo dahil sa pagmamahal. Siguro... iyon po talaga ang susi para maging maayos ang mundo."

"And loving will push people to strive for perfection. We may not fully achieve it because of our weaknesses, but striving hard for its glory is its greatest execution for us sinners."

"He looks like a warrior preparing for combat, like a gladiator skipped from his chainmail armour."

"I no longer belong to the audience who clapped and cheered for him while he marries the girl of his dreams. I was simply not there. I was somewhere else far from it all. I was happy for him but I will definitely not come to see it all."

"People in this town are actively hating us... me, most especially. They think we're an
abomination, fraud... salot... sa lipunan."

"He's like art. A man sculpted perfectly, with hard flaws but still gentle and kind. A man of honor and nobility. A man so masculine and almost elusive..."

"I don't want to clap on his wedding even when I can say I will be happy for him because... because... it will hurt, for sure."

"He's of age and I am still very young. This will pass if it isn't nurtured. I will eventually forget this hero-complex I have for him... Eventually... Soon... Or so I thought."

"Love novels taught me how a man pursues a woman. And... sometimes, they caress... hold hands... kiss... Kiss and do tender things in private. That's how we'll know if men or women like each other."

"I have long accepted that our worlds will never collide that way. I will accept my reality the way I accepted the reality of my life in that village."

"His dark eyes gives off a calm but thick mystery."

"I call him Raj... like I'm his equal."

"I feel closer to him. I feel like I'm living some parts of my dream."