Chapter 3 (Edited)

(Finally Edited)

Never let your dreams and hopes die - Kei Kimiko

THIRD PERSON

*TWO YEARS LATER*

The sun was raising from the East side, the birds were happily chirping as they flew in the azure sky and the gentle breeze was brushing against the surroundings lightly.

A boy, around twelve years old, was standing in front of the village gates as he was carrying a bag that is much heavier than what people had thought. The boy had long white hair with a few darker bangs and a pair of red eyes. He was wearing a black down-buttoned shirt, a pair of jet black jeans and a pair of black combat boots. His sleeves were rolled up until it reaches to his elbows, showing his Nen braclet that he was wearing. The boy was also wearing a red fingerless glove and a red bandana wrapped around his forehead.

His long hair was tied into a high ponytail, making people think that he is a girl which she secretly is. The girl's name is Kei Kimiko, a twelve year old girl who had a goal. A goal that is almost similar to the main character. She wants to find her brother, Kei Akio, and the man who taught her how to fight, Ging Freecs. In order to achieve these goals, she has to become a hunter like them.

"Are you sure you want me to go? I can take it next year, you know?" the girl asked the villagers who were waiting for her to leave the village. The leader, Ogami, gave the girl a reasurring smile and said, "Yes, we are sure, Kimiko. We can take care of the crops, thanks to you. If it weren't for you, those bandits would be destroying and stealing our crops, leaving nothing."

"It was nothing, really. I was just doing my job. Besides, helping people is my speciality," she said, facing the villagers before she looked behind her shoulder to see the road to her exams.

"Are you positive?" she asked again, turning her head to face the villagers. The villagers nodded their heads simultaneously and Kimiko, also known as Miki, her pen name, breathed out a sigh.

"Okay, then. If you insist," she said and was about to turn and run away but stopped when Ogami called. "Miko, wait," he said. Kimiko stopped and turned to face the man who was holding a brown bag. "What is it, Ogami-san?" she asked.

"Here. Take this," Ogami said, giving her the bag. Taking it from the kind man, she opened the bag to find an ointment, the ointment that she was trying hard to get yet failed due to its price. The girl gasped in surprise and snapped her head at his direction.

"How did you get this?" she asked.

"I had a friend who can make that kind of ointment. He told me that you were trying to get that ointment but failed when you didn't have enough money to pay him. So, I asked him if he can make it for you as a thank you gift for helping my village," he answered. Kimiko eyed at the ointment for a while before she looked back at the leader with sparkling eyes.

"Thank you so much," she thanked him.

"No, thank you," he said. The girl gave him a smile before she placed it nicely in her big bag and put it on again. "Well, I better go now. Thank you for letting me stay with you, Kazuya-san, Hitomi-san," she thanked and bowed at the old couple who let her stayed at their cottage.

"If you ever return to us, Miko-chan, the door will always be open for you," Hitomi, the old kind lady, told her and Kimiko nodded in understanding before she turned and sprinted off. "Farewell, everyone!" she shouted and waved at the villagers who happily return the gesture.

"Good bye, Kimiko," they replied.

***

KIMIKO