Dinner with the Miller's

It's 5. I've finished setting up my room and I've already taken a shower. I'm in my towel with my wet hair staring in my closet. I don't know what to wear, might as well don't go. Since I don't know what to wear, I start blow-drying my hair. I don't need to flatten it out because my hair is naturally straight. I fill in my eyebrows, and do a light beat of foundation, so my mascara, and wear lip gloss. I think I know what to where, sky blue skinny jeans, a dark rose off-shoulder pink top and tan sandals. I grab my phone put it in my right pocket and then I put my lip gloss and a stick of gum in my left. It's time to go.

I go downstairs and my parents were sitting on the couch waiting for me.
"You look good, " my mom compliments.
"Thanks. Let's go." We head out of the house. I'm fidgeting with my hands and my eyebrow is twitching. I feel anxiety overwhelming me, then I think to myself, it's just Ben and Mr. Miller, I know those people. But there's also his mom. Oh my gosh, this is a huge mistake. What if I don't know what to say, and I stutter or not say anything, they might think I have a speech impediment. Or I'm shy, which I can sometimes be. We're already here, my dad knocks on the door and mentally, my brain regurgitates and swallow it back. A young boy opens the door.
"Hello. Welcome to our house, " the boy says. He opens the door wider and lets us in. Ben comes around the corner and introduces himself and his brother, Michael. I didn't know Ben had a younger brother who looks about 12, his hair is a little lighter than Ben's and it's kinda covering his eyes.

Ben shows us around the house. He has us sit at a circular dining table. Mr. and Mrs. Miller greet us and sit down. Mrs. Miller asks Ben to go get the spaghetti out of the oven. At the table, there was already salad, bread rolls, butter, lemonade and water, and cutlery. I was sitting across from Ben. Every one and a while, we would catch each other's gaze and smile. I would also push up my glasses because I was nervous the whole time. The food is great, the parents were talking about school and work, the usual. Michael was quiet the whole time. When we finish I help Ben with the dishes, the adults are still having their long conversation and Michael was excused for the table and he's watching t.v. When we're washing the dishes I'm doing the drying and he's actually doing the work, he breaks the tension.
"How's school?"
"It's good. I've made a few friends, " I reply.
"Cool." Talking to him is easy.
"Wanna stay for a movie?" he asks. I pause to look and at him.
"Maybe." I don't wanna stay too long, I don't have any homework and I have nothing better to do.
"Actually, I'll stay." He smiles at my response.

When we're done, I tell my parents I'm staying, my mom gives me a flirty look and looks between me and Ben. I keep a straight face to her reaction and they leave the house. Ben leads me into the family room. Michael was in here before but I guess he went upstairs with their parents. I just down on the velvet gray. Ben turns on the t.v and browse Netflix. We decide to watch a Netflix original love movie, To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I've already seen it but Ben hasn't, at least it's a great movie to watch multiple times. At first, Ben and I are sitting a space afar from each other but when he gets up to get water, he sits closer to me. I don't say anything because I like the close interaction. One in a while he would pause the movie and act as a movie critic and say how unrealistic the high school life is. I would try to explain to him the reasons but he would just say it's bullshit. The movie ends and he turns off the t.v, we walk out the door and he walks me to my house.
"Good night, see you around the block and on Monday, " he says.
"Good night," I say. I knock on the door and my dad opens it, him and Ben wave at each other as he's walking back home. My dad welcomes me in and I grin the whole way up to my room. I change into my pajamas, take off my make up, and wash my face. I go under my sheets and take out my phone. There's a message on Snapchat, from Ben. We text until 11 and I don't do well starting at my phone for so long. My eyes are getting droopy so I text Ben good night and he texts the same back. He does a good night streak and I send one back, I hope we can keep up our streaks for a long time. I turn off my phone and the lights and go to sleep.