Chapter 45: I Bought Extra Whipped Cream

A X E L

I'm not thinking about it.

I'm not thinking about it, at all. I swear.

She's around with Chase somewhere after he tried to kiss her. Why would I have a problem?

No problem here, sir. I'm all good.

But if he tries something, I swear-

"Why do you have that constipated look on your face?" Scar asks, seated besides me, grabbing a handful of my popcorn.

The loud buzz of the fair was at times lively, and at times headache-inducing.
The couples and the families loitering around, taking an incessant amount of pictures.

"She's with him," Parker wiggles his eyebrows, seated on my other side, also grabbing my popcorn.

And although there were no names used, Scar instantaneously understood the scenario and let out a laugh.

I let out a low grunt. "Get your own popcorn, guys."

"No," both of them merrily chirp.

Heath was sitting across us, slurping on his smoothie, clearly missing Dave who was stuck entertaining guests.

"I need some soda," Val says and everyone chimes in, agreeing.

"I can go get it," I offer. I had nothing better to do anyways.

"I'll come with," Scar gets up and he drags Parker along too before Heath killed him for drinking his smoothie.

As we walk towards the soda counter, Park speaks up. "You know, you have the exact same expression as Heath when he's keeping something in."

Scar rolls his eyes. "It's nothing."

We say nothing for a second.

"Okay, Jenny told me she likes me. And I told her I like her too."

Park and I halt in our tracks. What. The. Heck?

Parker sighs disapprovingly, pulling his wallet out and handing me a 10 dollar bill.

"What's happening?" Scar asks.

"Oh, we placed a bet on how quickly you guys were gonna tell each other how you feel. I said it would be this month. He said next month. I won."

Scar pushes Park and I as we laugh. "You guys suck."

"On a scale of 1-10, how awkward was it?" Parker asks.

Scar thinks for a moment, his quiet mind churning in this loud crowd. "Like, 11."

I raise my eyebrows as Park lets out a low whistle.

"It just- it just happened. And now I feel better and worse. I mean, my feelings are out there in the open. But I know I'm falling fast, which will never work. I have my secrets and she has hers."

"You've been around for a long time, you've never fallen in love?" Parker asks as we reach our desired stall, placing the order, the cashier being our classmate, Rick. We didn't know him, but his sexual orientation and his coming out in front of his family was quite a big thing once upon a time.