Falling in love with death?

Chapter 17

"Jordan?!" I could hear the yelling faintly from behind me.

I was racing forward toward, well I don't know where but I just loved the feeling of being free. "Jordan!!" This time it was Ashton voice, coded in panic. I better go back, they sound worried.

Nah, I'll just blast some country tunes they'll find me. So I do, I put my phone on a built in sound doc on my ATV. "Jordan?" The voices were louder now and I had stopped in a big pot hole, filled to the brim with mushy mud. Finally I decided they were taking to long and I put on country girl (shake it for me) by Luke Bryan. Finally about ten minutes later Memphis came crashing threw the bushes, panting, with cuts all over his arms. "Jordan?! We thought those things got you!"

"Wait what things?" I thought, was it m parents finally making the move on Ashton?! I couldn't let this happen "I said what things?!" I practically yelled this time.

"Uh they were like mutant dogs"

"Oh fuck!" It was my parents "where the hell is Ashton?!"

"Uh, I think he is that way" he pointed forward. I started to run.

"Ashton?!" I screamed, starting to cry when he didn't answer me. "Ashton, where are you?!"

"Jordan! Help!" I could hear the strain in his voice. I started racing towards the direction his voice came from. When I broke into a clearing I could see a mutt snarling and barking on top of something. "Help!" It was Ashton

"Ashton?!"

"Jordan!" Suddenly everything came flooding back to me, I couldn't panic I needed to help him, he can't hold the mutt off of him much longer. I grabbed a large stick an starting beating on the mutt with it, until blood began to splat on my face. Once I knew it was dead I fell on my knees crying.

"Ashton?" I looked up at him he had a pretty bad bite on his left shoulder. "Ashton?!" I shrieked.

His eyes slowly travelled from his wound to my face "it's okay, I'm okay I promise" I started to shake my head

"No your not and after I get you to the hospital, we can't be together any more it's too dangerous" his eyes went wide in shock

"Jordan what do you mean?......"

"I mean we need to break up, my life is to dangerous, my parents try to kill everyone I love and so far they are winning, and I can't bare to loose you Ashton" I whisper, then lightly kiss his cheek.

"Your parents?, no I don't care if they try to kill me I won't let them take you away from me" he replies, his voice whimpering the slightest bit.

"I know but, I would rather know your alive and healthy and not be with you then to know that I'm the reason your dead"

"Don't worry about me I will always be with you Jordan" he says, then pulls me down to rest my head on his chest, wincing the tinest bit.