Chapter Five

Art By Amethist-Ocean

Once the three beings disappeared back into the shadows, Danny flew as fast as his ability would allow him, straight back to Fenton works and into the portal.

"Danny! You wanna see Val's new hover board!"

"Sorry dad! Can't talk now!" Jack Fenton looked at where his son had been in confusion, but just shrugged it off as Danny being Danny and yelled back at him. "Don't forget to be in home in time for dinner!"

The young ghost boy could see the looming clock tower up ahead as he came to Clockworks lair. Danny didn't bother announcing himself as he went inside, he knew Clockwork would see him coming. 

Danny looked at all the mirrors as he passed by them, recognizing one of them from this morning, showing his friend dancing when he thought no one was looking. He let out a small chuckle and walked on by, looking around for his teacher.

The ghost came past a small room that resembled a hospital room. The clean white walls, the smell of disinfectant and the small beeping of a heart monitor kind of gave it away. But what Danny noticed was a sleeping figure on the bed. She was incredibly pale, had blonde, almost silver hair and red makeup around her eyes. Danny also noticed that the girl was human, but what was a human doing here in the ghost realm? She was attached to several machines and an IV drip with some sort of green stuff coming out.

"I'd be careful with that if I were you." A voice coming from behind startled Danny, almost making him transform back. "That is venom from the Great Devourer. Just a single drop can turn the purest of hearts dark."

"Clockwork! I have some news! Although I'm guessing you already-"

"Know about Pariah? Of course I do. He has released him from his Sarcophagus, and has gotten stronger. He also won't be the only enemy you will have to face." Danny's face paled upon hearing those words. While he too had gotten stronger during the past two years, he doubt he would be able to face off against Pariah again. Hell, he even had help from the other ghosts and Vlad of all people. Not to mention he had a major power boost from the ecto skeleton, which was destroyed.

Clockwork saw the distressed look on the young ghost's face, and couldn't help but feel a bit sympathetic for the boy.

"You won't have to face him alone." Danny looked up at the ancient ghost in confusion. Clockwork pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Danny, who recognized it as the permission slip that Lancer had given them earlier that day. He wasn't planning on going on the trip as he couldn't leave Amity Park unprotected. Who knows what Skulker or Technus could do whilst he was away for the weekend. "I highly suggest going on this field trip Danny, as you will meet many ally's that can help you."

"Who? Who's gonna help me?"

"I can't reveal anything yet, but you will meet several ancient Japanese warriors that can fight along side you. You should get going as I have some important matters to intend to, and your mother is going to call you for dinner in five minutes. And don't forget our lesson on Thursday."

-------------------------------------

As soon as the young ghost left, Clockwork created a portal and left for Walkers prison.

"Have you secured them?" The ancient ghost asked the prison warden.

"I have. They were found in the Far Frozen." The two walked through the halls of the prison, ignoring the shouts and curses of the prisoners. They soon stopped outside a cell with two figures sat inside. Clockwork banged his staff against the floor, catching the attention of the two prisoners.

"F-father! What are you doing here?" The two quickly stood to their feet and ran closer to the iron bars.

"I could ask you the same Krux, Acronix. Do you have any idea on what you've done!" As you know after their fight with Kai, Nya and Wu, the time twins were lost in the time vortex. Well, they were until it decided to drop them off at Pariah's Keep. The crash had greatly damaged the Sarcophagus, and allowed Pariah to escape.