Chapter Six

Art by Tam

Five months ago,

Sensei Garmadon looked at his surroundings. He was in the ruins of some sort of temple, but he could see the skyscrapers of Ninjago city in the distance. This was wrong. He shouldn't be here. He should be back in the departed realm. He should be dead.

His body started moving towards the city, but he wasn't control. He looked down at his body to see that he was no longer Sensei Garmadon, he was Lord Garmadon. It was clear that whoever brought him back wanted his evil side. He tried to take control, but he was locked up in the back of his own mind.

The day somewhat went in a blur, as the Sensei was in a half conscious state, but he could remember breaking someone out of the NPD Headquarters that the Lord called Harumi, and then breaking in to Kryptarium prison. He wasn't fully conscious until he saw a familiar figure dressed in green.

Lloyd? Sense could feel the Lords intentions, and he wasn't planning on going easy on his son. He wanted to finish him. He tried to take control, to try and warn his son to get out whilst he still could. "It was foolish to come here!"

"Show yourself father!" As Garmadon walked to the center of the prison, he could see that his son had grown since he had last seen him. He was taller, his hair had grown longer and his voice was deeper.

"You've changed?"

Lloyd turned around to face him, and sensei could see in his eyes that he didn't want to fight.

"So have you. I don't want to have to fight you." Sensei tried to keep control of his body for a bit longer, but failed as his darker side took over and charged at Lloyd.

"Please, this isn't you!"

"This is the new me!" No! No it isn't!

"I didn't come to fight you! My father is somewhere in there." I'm still here Lloyd! I'm still here! "I've saved you once, let me save you again."

"THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO SAVE!" Garmadon charged at Lloyd again, punching the wall where the green ninja stood before.

"I've played many rolls." Garmadon stalked towards Lloyd as he hit him with his power. "Worn many masks." He hit him again, and sensei could see it hurt the ninja more than he was showing.

"Father." No stop it!

"Husband." Please!

"Brother." Just leave him!

"Teacher." Stop!

"But only one was brought back. DESTROYER!" The final shot pushed Lloyd into one of the cells, but he ran back out and started throwing punches at Garmadon. Lloyd tried to reason with him, but the Oni refused to listen as he threw him though the wall. Sensei could see that the ninja was at his limit, and any more could end up seriously harming him.

Lloyd charged at him, but with each attack, Garmadon could feel himself growing more and more powerful, and could see Lloyd getting weaker. Garmadon grabbed Lloyd by the throat and lifted him off the ground. Sensei tried to take control but it was no use. The lord was more powerful.

"You wouldn't hurt me. I'm your son." I would never hurt you Lloyd!

"I. Have. No. Son." Sensei screamed and cried as Lloyd was thrown through the wall once more with much more force. He looked over at his son's motionless body and saw a picture of the two in his hand. In that moment, he felt utterly useless.