Chapter Nine

"Cole, for the last time, you look fine." Kai said in attempt to calm his friend, who was constantly running his hand through his hair. The group were currently on the bounty, flying towards Ninjago City for Cole's date. "I highly doubt Seliel cares how you style your hair."

"Yeah, that's supposed to be Kai's job." Commented Jay, who was getting ready for his own date with Nya.

"Not true! This hair is all natural!"

"Kai, I can see the gel in your hair." The blue ninja just sighed and turned back to Cole. "Listen buddy, you'll be fine. Me and Nya are having a date at the same cafe, and Kai will be with Skylor at her shop across the road, so if you really need moral support, we'll be there."

"Thanks Jay." The black ninja gave his friend a thankful smile. Within minutes, the bounty was docked in the City's port and the group went their separate ways. Zane, Lloyd and Pixal headed to Borg Industries to finish some work for Cyrus, Kai went to Skylor's noodle shop and the rest went to the cafe for their dates.

Upon arriving at the cafe, Cole immediately spotted Seliel waiting at a table and he started getting nervous again. 

"Remember, be yourself. Don't try to impress her by acting like someone you're not." Nya said before following Jay inside. The black ninja stood outside for another thirty seconds before taking a deep breath and gathered the courage to go inside.

"H-Hey Seliel. I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long?" Seliel gave a small smile to her date as he sat down. "Not to long. I hope you don't mind, but I've ordered us both large slice of Chocolate fudge cake. It's your favourite, right?"

Cole just nodded, unsure of what to say. He looked over to Jay and Nya, who both gave him a reassuring thumbs up. Remember, just be yourself. 

"So, what's your top ten favourite types of cake?"

----------------------------

"Sorry it took so long." Said Skylor as she sat in a chair opposite Kai, with two bowls of noodles in her hands.

"It's fine. I know how busy lunchtimes can be." The two dove into the food as they talked about recent events. 

"Really, Cole has a girlfriend!" Skylor was surprised upon hearing about Cole's date. From what she heard about the master of earth, he had never shown any interest in anything other than food, let alone any woman. (Well, other than Nya, but that was in the past.) 

"Well, kind of. He's only on his first date. She's called Seliel. She's from Nom, and is a self trained ninja. According to Jay, all they've talked about in the past hour is cake."

"Sounds like they're perfect for each other." Skylor noticed there was a crowd around the TV in the restaurant, and turned the volume up wanting to know what was going on. 

"I have just received word that there has been a break out at Kryptarian Prison.And I'm not just talking about one or two criminals here folks. All of the prisons inmates have escaped and are currently at large." Gasps and nervous whispers echoed throughout the noodle house. Whilst there had been one or two 'attempts' at breaking out of the prison, not once in the history of Ninjago has the entire prison escaped.

"I'm sure it's fine. The ninja will recapture them, right?"

"Yeah! And don't forget about Samurai X!" 

The Ninja in the room, however, didn't look so sure. That prison housed some of Ninjago's worst criminals and villains.

"According to the prison's CCTV footage, the inmates were assisted by the Serpentine Pythor, and what seems to be an army of Nindriods." There were more gasps and the people seemed more panicked.