FORTY-THREE

Justice 

"Hi, I'm here to see Yuko White," The older black woman looked at me and nodded.

"Have a seat." I sat down in the cold seat next to the others that were waiting to see someone. It had been a week since Yuko called me saying she killed him. The story surprisingly hadn't broken yet so Kola still didn't know anything. I planned to tell her but I wasn't sure when.

I had to wait like an hour until I was allowed to see her. She looked rough she had bags under her eyes and her hair was all over her head plus she had a long scratch going down the left side of her face just barely missing her eye.

"What happened?" I asked picking up the phone.

"How's Kola does she know?" I shook my head and she sighed looking down. "I swear Justice I didn't know. I know I haven't been the best parent but I would never let anyone hurt my baby. If I would have known that bastard did that he would have stopped breathing a long time ago."

"What did you do?"

"I asked him what did he do. He had the audacity to tell me that she seduce him. How the fuck can a 13-year-old seduce him? I just wished she would have told me." Finding out exactly how old she was when it happened just pissed me off even more.

"Do you have a lawyer?" She shook her head. "I'll set you up with all of that. We'll try to get you the least time possible."

"No," She stopped me. "I don't want a lawyer or anything like that. Honestly Justice this might be the best place for me."

"What are you talking about? Yuko you don't deserve to be here. That bitch did something to your child and you got him back. Let me help you get out of here."

"I'm okay really Justice. All I want is to try to make things right with my daughter. Being here isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm going to the church services they have. I'm doing ok here."

"And you think Kola will be ok with that?"

"It really isn't up to her now, is it? Look Justice my case might make national news. I need you to tell her what's going on before anybody else does. Kola doesn't handle these types of situations too well. You have to be there for her no matter how many times she tells you that she's ok. Do you understand?" I nodded as the guard announced that the time was up.

"I'll call in a couple of days you should have been told her by then. Take care of my baby," She said hanging up the phone and walking away. Sighing, I stood up and walked out of the building.

I just don't understand why Yuko would want to stay in prison. Maybe it's some sort of guilt because it just doesn't make any sense.

By the time I got out Kola was just getting home from school. I had Parish come over and watch Julianna for me. He was so excited about him and Dallas having a baby he said he needed all the practice he could get.

I had just put Julianna down from a nap when Kola walked through the door. She looked like she was pissed about something so I asked what was wrong.

"You good love?" She turned to look at me and just stared for a minute. "What's wrong?"

"Where is my mom?" My heart started to race but I played it cool.

"I don't know."

"Oh really? Well, guess what I just found out," She set her bag down on the dresser. "I just found out that my mother is in jail for murder. I told you not to do anything Justice!"

"And I didn't."

"You told her and she killed him! God, why couldn't you just respect what I said? I ask you not to do something and you do it! What the hell is wrong with you?"