Chapter 1 (Babysitter?)

Ugh my mom refuses to leave me alone. I'm 16 and I have a babysitter. But I'm so grateful to have this babysitter in my life. Shes my bestfriend. Shes 16 as well and I love her so much. "Yo, Luna." I hear Avery yell.

"What's up?" I ask walking into the kitchen where Avery is. "I have tickets to a hockey game. The game isn't till tomorrow though." Avery says. "Your point is?" I question. "Bro I'm babysitting you tomorrow. Let's get out for a change and go watch hockey." She says. "Hmmmm" I say thinking about it. "Come onnn hockey is your favorite." She playfully slaps my arm. "Fineeee" I say rolling my eyes in defeat. "Yessss." She screams.

Just as that happens my mom walks in. "Hey, mrs. Carter." Avery says. She looks at us and stick her bottom lip out. "You girls look so pretty." My mom says. "Thanks." Avery says grabbing her coat. "See you tomorrow. " Avery says leaving the house. My mom slaps me across the face. "Get out of my face you worthless piece of shit." My mom spits out. "Funny how you act infornt of other people." I scoff and walk upstairs to my room. The truth is. My mother hates me ever since my brother died. My dad left my mom when I was 4 so i never really had a father in the home. I decide to post on Instagram.

Liked by

Liked by. jackavery corbynbesson seaveydaniel jonahmarrias imzachheron itzaveryy and 100 others

Funny how adults act infornt of friends 🤧💔

Itzavery: Aww talk to me.

Jackavery: Woah you good? Message me
See 50 other comments.

I'm surprised that jack actually told me to message him. I put my phone down. Then I get a notification

Jack Avery added you as a friend!

I look at the notification confused. I click on it and add him back.

Jack: hey I saw your post you okay?

Luna: No not really but why would you care.

Jack: I'm just trying to make up for how I treat you in school. I truly just act like that around my friends to make them happy.

Luna: I forgive you. But you shouldn't act the way other people want you to.

Jack: it's a problem I have. I dont act like it cause I wanna impress others. I do it cause I fit it better. And you know that's everything to me.

Luna: Bro your so cocky.

Jack: I know I am😂

Luna: well I gotta go to bed. Ttyl?

Jack: Talk to you later.

I look at the last message and smile. Then my door bursts open. I look over in surprise. "What!?" I say holding my chest. My older sister alisha was standing there. "YOU'VE GROWN UP SO MUCH!!" she screams running and engulfing me into a hug. "Gosh its only been a year." I laugh as I pull away from the hug. I get a notification

Jack avery has messaged you

"Ouuuuu who's jackkk." My sister teases. "Dont be mad." I look down at the floor. She gives a confused look. "Remember Sydnie?" I ask. "Ugh that backstabbing bitch I thought was my friend?" She asks. "Yeah her." I say now twiddling my thumbs. "Jack is her brother." I say. She stands there in shock. "Dont talk to me ever again. No wonder why mom hits you. You truly are the reason why Matthew is dead." She says slamming my door shut. What she said hurt me. I grabbed my phone

Jack: I cant sleep.

Luna: considering it's only 8:30. Can we meet at the park?

Jack: sure meet me there in ten?

Luna: yup

I throw my hair up in a messy bun. I throw on a sweater and I grab my checkered Van's and slide them on. I grab my phone and I run downstairs and leave making sure to slam the front door. I start walking to the park. I get to the park and see jack sitting on the bench.

He looks up at me. "Hey." I say sitting next to him. "Hey what's up?" He asks. "This may seem weird. But do you have a guest bedroom?" I ask. "Uhm yeah? Why?" He asks. "Me my mom and sister aren't on speaking terms. You might not know this but my sister Alisha and my mother hate your sister Sydnie and Your mother. Because apparently your sister used Alisha. When she very well didn't. So when Alisha found out I was talking to you she freaked out and said she understood why my mom hates me. And she blamed me for my brothers death." I say while my eyes got glossy. "Well com with me then." Jack says standing up and putting out his hand. I take it and we walk to his house.

My phone starts ringing as we get to his porch. I look at it to see Averys name. "Can I quickly take this?" I ask. He nods at me sitting down on the steps. "Hello?" I say. "Where the fuck are you. Your mom called me freaking out cause you stormed out!?" She screams at me. "I'm not staying at my house tonight I'm staying with a friend." I say. "So what your not going home!?" She yells. "NO IM NOT YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY WITH MY ABUSIVE MOTHER!?" I scream  and instantly cover my mouth. Jack stands up and looks at me. "W-what?" She asks. "I need to go" I say hanging up before she could say anything.

Next thing you know Sydnie is standing in the doorway. She looks at me. "How ling have you been there?" Jack questions Sydnie. "Long enough to know that Luna isn't safe in her house." Sydnie replies. I look at her confused.  "Right you only heard Alishas part of the story." Sydnie says grabbing me and pulling me into the house. "All I know is that your not who she says you are." I say as she plops me down on the couch. "I'll tell you what happend. I'll warn you. There will be tears." Sydnie says. After she explains everything I sit there speechless. I hug her "I'm so sorry I didnt know." I say. "Dont be sorry. Your mom and sister are the ones that need to apologize." She replies.

I honestly dont know how to feel. I've seen Sydnie cry. The Sydnie my sister said was a horrible person when really my sister Is the one to blame. I cant believe it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/n sorry for such a short chapter but I promise the next one will be longer cause its legitness. No I'm kidding. But alot of inspiration has hit me and I'm gonna make sure the next chapter is longer. I mean i dont even know if anyone will read this but yeah 😗✌🏼