Chapter 5: I love you

All the girls had fallen asleep on the couch, everyone nestled together with Chloe in the middle. Half-finished wine bottles and tear soaked tissues littered around them and they all had a small smile on their faces as they slept.

Suddenly, Chloe's phone lit up and started ringing. Chloe reluctantly cracked open her eyelids and yawned. Her neck was sore from sleeping on the couch and her head was pounding from a massive hangover but at least she felt a million times better on the inside.

It was still mostly dark but the sun was starting to rise slowly, shining it's rays through the blinds and covering everything in Chloe's living room a warm orange. Lucifer did create such marvelous lights in the past.

Stretching, she looked around her and saw her friends and daughter fast asleep. Trixie's face had chocolate ice-cream smeared all over it, Ella was wearing Linda's glasses and Maze was holding on to an empty wine bottle and Linda was snoring loudly.

Chloe chuckled to herself when she remembered the previous night. Her friends were really something weren't they?

Gently, she draped the blankets over them, making sure they were covered and comfortable. She then walked to the other side of the room to retrieve her phone.

Caller ID unknown? Her instincts immediately told her that something was very suspicious, however as a cop, this may also be someone's life on the line. She was correct.

"Chloe Decker?" a deep voice asked.

"Who is this?"

The deep voice chuckled. "Well I thought you would know considering you're the homicide detective that's trying to catch me." the voice drawled, reveling in Chloe's terror. "You know, the being behind those two pesky murders you have been investigating and....maybe the third, fourth, fifth and sixth one if you don't cooperate."

Chloe wanted to reach through the phone and rip his head off. She could tell that this psychopath was enjoying every single second of torturing her. She immediately sobered up and grew tense.

"What do you want?" Chloe asked, trying her best to keep it together. This insane, psychotic lunatic has potentially 4 hostages.

"I just want to meet you, that's all my dear. Then I'll be done. Unless," the voice chuckled, "You want the four people around you to die just like how the other two did. Your daughter looks adorable with that chocolate ice-cream around her mouth by the way."

Chloe's heart stopped. She immediately ran around the house, locking windows, doors, any entrance that someone could possibly use and shutting all the curtains while still listening on the phone.

"That won't work darling," the voice laughed, causing Chloe to panic even more.

How could he-?

"Also! I forgot to mention, I know you know about celestials and Heaven and Hell, and let me tell you, my methods are much worse than Hell, and a bit more...soulless." The voice chuckled again.

Chloe immediately stopped in her tracks. How did he know about that? And what did he mean by soul- No. Would they just be....gone? She could feel her heart pounding in her chest.

"And don't even think about trying any funny business, I mean, you have no idea-" The little potted plant on her table shriveled up and withered instantly to Chloe's horror, "What I can do."

Chloe started choking up. She knew what she had to do. Taking a deep breath, her voice trembling, tears welling up in her eyes, she slowly started, "Where do you want to meet?"

.      .       .      .     .