Chapter ③

AVERY'S POV

"Avery"

"Avery"

"Avery, wake up"

"Wake up"

"WAKE UP AVERY MARTIN!"

I shot out of my seat and looked at my aunt.

"That's rude, auntie"

"You're an heavy sleeper. We've arrived anyway"

When she said that, I instantly forgot about my annoyance and rushed to the window.

"God, it's so beautiful. I've always wanted to visit Italy" I gasped at the scenery.

"I know, it's amazing. Come on. Take your bags, we have a long day ahead of us. You know, meeting our family and everything."

"I'm so nervous" I told her while rolling my suitcase to the exit of the airport.

"Okay, honey, we should rent a hotel room to put your things. We don't exactly know how your father will react so it's better to be safe."

"I totally agree Cora. I don't know him, but anyone who would meet someone with a suitcase who says that they're your kid would freak out." I agreed.

*time skip*

"Wow. That's your house?" She's nods "How rich are y'all exactly?"

"We're an important Italian business that makes a lot of money. This house doesn't even represents a percent of how rich we are." She shrugged like it was no big deal.

"That actually makes sense, I guess. What would I know about business."

"I know it makes sense, because I said it. Now come"

She opens the door of the car and gets out. A man instantly comes out of the house, aka mansion, and kiss her, like full on making out session. I guess he's her husband.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too"

"I love you. What did you do in the USA?"

"I was about to tell you. You can get out of the car."

"I'm not in the-"

"Shut up. I'm not talking to you."

I take a deep breath. Here I go. I slowly get out of the car.

"Is that? Josephine?" He asked, shocked. "She doesn't look a day older. Damn she even looks younger than I remembered. Wait. Did she get some contacts because I remember her eyes being brown, not blue."

"Richard, she's not Josephine."

"No? Is she a clone or something, because she looks exactly like her"

"RICHARD! SHUT UP!"

She looked at me, as is asking me something, so I decided to introduce myself.

"Hi. I'm Avery Martin, 16. My mom is Josephine Martin and that's pretty much it."

"What? You're Josie's daughter?"

"Yes, I am"

He turned to Cora.

"That's what you've been doing in the USA? That's why you left fast yesterday?"

"Yes"

He turned himself to me again.

"Do you live with your dad? Ever met him?"