Chapter ⑤

Thank you guys so much for 300 reads. I was kinda shocked that so many people were interested in the story. Anyway, here's a pretzel 🥨 Have a good day!

Avery's pov

Here I was, sitting in a white chair in the office of the man whos gaze I was currently avoiding. The man that could actually be my father. The chair was comfortable, I have to admit, but one spill and it's the end. I wouldn't last a day with a chair like that.

Even if I thought about everything except the reality, I couldn't escape it. I only could feel the heavy gaze of the man in front of me. The doctor should be back with the results by now. If it's negative, should I yeet myself out of there quickly or stay there and ask for his help to find my mother? What if it's positive? What will he do? Accept me? Help me to get rid of me? Put me in an orphanage?

The single thought of having to live in an orphanage makes a shiver go down my spine. I heard horrible stories about orphanages. My best guess is that he'll help me find my mom and then never talk to me ever again. It would be pretty surprising if he accepted me and became a good father like you see on tv.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. My possible father told the mysterious person that I imagine to be the doctor to come in.

I heard the door open in a chilling squeak. I felt so nervous right at this moment.

"Hi M. Desantos, Miss Martin. The results are ready. So, the results are- "

He was interrupted by a knock on the door. Gosh, it makes me even more nervous.

"Who is it?" My possible sperm donor asked, annoyed. He probably couldn't wait to kick me out of his mansion.

"Cora"

"Enter"

Cora entered with a bright smile on her face.

"I came here to be Switzerland. Even if the results are negative, I would still be Avery's godmother and if they're positive, I'll help deal with a solution." She quickly said. "Oh shit did I interrupt the results? Go on, go on"

The doctor chuckled.

"As I was saying, Avery Martin and Ricardo Desantos are in fact, without a doubt, related. Avery is your daughter, M. Desantos."

I wasn't that surprised actually. My mom did say it. And she's not a liar, or a cheater. The one surprised was Ricardo? Father? Verified sperm donor? What should I call him? Dude that thought I was a gold digging liar? They all fit.

He looked really shocked. Like he couldn't believe that I was his daughter. His eyes were opened like a deer in front of headlights and his mouth was wide open.

I was just standing there, arms crossed, in the white chair. The doctor didn't really know what to do, so he quickly slipped out of the room. Cora still had a smile on her face.

"I have a niece! Another female in the family! Wanna go get some ice cream Avery?" She chanted

"Hell yeah! I heard the gelatos in Italy are like no others!"