Prologue

"Your Majesty, I have urgent news!" A messenger called in the empty throne room as he ran in. Zelda stood from her throne.

The messenger finally reached her. His dark hair was damp with sweat. He bowed down and wiped some perspiration off his brow. He tried to stand, but could not. Quickly, Zelda bent down next to him. "Phillip, what is it?"

"Dark forces..." He paused to inhale deeply, "...have been spotted."

"Where? Where have they been spotted?" She asked urgently, her brow creased in concern.

"The North....coming....this way." He finally finished. "Get some rest Phillip." She advised him. She stood and ran briskly from the room, lifting her skirt to prevent her from tripping.

Suddenly she collided into another person. "I'm so sorry." She apologized. She looked up. "Oh, Impa! I have urgent news! Quickly we must gather our troops!" Zelda exclaimed grabbing her sheikah friend.

"Don't worry my lady, the troops are taken care of. They're already heading for the field now." Impa assured her.

"And our citizens?"

"The gates will be closed of course with troops posted outside. Please, calm down. Trust me. I've taken care of everything." Impa said adding comfort. Zelda just nodded, though she was discouraged.

"I'm going to need my armor, sword, and bow." Zelda instructed. She began to march toward the armory. Impa grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "We must take you away from here. You can't stay."

"What are you talking about Impa? I can't just abandon my people, my kingdom."

"Surely you're wiser than this. No disrespect my lady, but your safety is top priority. You must let go of your personal feelings and realize this."

Zelda looked up from her feet. Her blue eyes were filled with tears. She nodded slowly.

Impa grabbed her wrist and together they rushed down flight after flight of stairs until they finally reached a lower chamber. Impa quickly pressed a series of bricks. The wall turned 90 degrees. She slipped through the space dragging the princess along with her. On the other side she pressed in a brick and the wall closed once again.

Magic lamps on the walls immediately lit up. The room had a large stone fireplace, a few couches, shelves full of ancient books, a large table with maps laid on it, and a few trunks full of all sorts of things.

Impa went right to work rummaging through the trunks. Zelda helped her. They found a change of clothes and two cloaks to change into. Zelda grabbed a satchel and filled it with potions, a few books, maps, and weapons.

"C'mon, cloak on." Impa said. They both pulled up their hoods and headed to the fireplace. Impa grabbed a handful of dust from a dish on the mantel. She threw the dust into the pit and blue flames rose. Zelda stepped into the fire followed closely by Impa. Suddenly they were outside of the castle.

"Stay in the shadows. I'll be back." Impa scurried off toward the stables. Zelda backed into a dark corner and waited. A few minutes later she heard footsteps. She waited, trying to conceal herself deeper in the corner.

Impa appeared on a white steed. Quickly Zelda ran to her and hopped on the back. She made sure her hood was around her securely and wrapped her arms around Impa's waist. Impa gave the horse a small kick and he took off into the night.

They stuck by the hills heading East as fast as possible.

Suddenly she was flying into the air. She had no idea what was happening. All she could see was grass and then the sky and grass again. Finally it stopped and she slowly lifted herself from the ground. Something rose from the shadows cackling.

Their horse ran off in the other direction. The shadow moved toward her. She tried to defend herself, but fell back to the ground weak. Suddenly Impa jumped in front of her. The shadow went to hit her out of the way, but she put up a blue shield that blocked his attack.

Smaller shadow creatures grew from the ground and all began to attack her at once. They were no match for Impa. Finally, Zelda was able to stand.

She prepared some of her magic and fired it at the shadow creature. All it seemed to do was absorb inside of it. A dark purple smog permeated from the beast. Before Impa could react she was consumed. "Impa.." Zelda breathed.

The last thing she saw was unpenetrable darkness...

-:-:-:-
[Amazing Cover By: PikaGirl260
Please follow her! (: ]