CHAPTER 11- He's hiding something

3 days later...

You enjoyed your time here at U.A. High and Shinso seemed to enjoy your company. Both of you exchanged phone numbers in case of emergencies and so that you can either call or chat with each other.

Lunchtime had just rolled off and decided to ask Shinso if he can show you around the school. He showed you the directions on the way to get to the heroics part and made sure that you would remember it by writing it down on the notes app of your phone.

When he asked you the directions on the way to your classroom,  you started off as giving good directions, but it all tumbled down once you were going to say the hallway part.

He could only look at you in disbelief and proposed that he would have to walk with you every morning and possibly after school until you remember the way. You silently thanked your short-term memory brain as he continued giving a tour around the school.

While both of you passed by the Support Department, an explosion happened in one of the rooms. Both of you stopped in panic and went over to the room.

A guy was shown wearing goggles, with some gears on his messy hair. He wore an apron and gloves that were covered in oil. Instead of wearing the usual uniform, he wore a grey long-sleeved shirt and ripped jeans.

"Ah, sorry about that. My invention exploded..." His voice sounded deep for a student like him. His cold stone gaze looked over to you. His eyes wandered around your body, making you immediately feel uncomfortable.

Something must've clicked in his mind because his cold stone gaze turned into starry, mischievous eyes. You were startled by his sudden change of mood and that scared you. He stood up and wiped the oil off of his face and fanned the smoke around his surroundings, using his hands. He walked over to you, and you felt an aura of protectiveness coming out of Shinso.

You mentally warmly smiled at him, since you both only met each other three days ago, and yet he seemed to have grown attached to you. Maybe it's because people called him a 'villain', because of his Quirk.

The boy held both of your hands, startling both you and Shinso. You looked at the support department student and you noticed that his entire mood had changed; like the tension from earlier dropped.

His golden-colored eyes seemed livelier and the aura he gave was like a child-getting-something-new kind of aura. A childish aura. "I hope you don't mind if I test some of my inventions on you? It's definitely quick. I've been looking for a mutant-type quirk student that will allow me to let them be the guinea pig for my support items." Those starry eyes and child-like aura scared the hell out of you.

"G-Guinea pig!?" Those innocent eyes gleamed through his sweaty face, and for a second, you wanted to change your response. You shook your head since there wasn't anyone to supervise this.

In some weird coincidence, a pro hero came into the room with a shocked look, "Noooo...! Now we need to have someone fix the room again. You and Hatsume are really problematic..." Shinso and you sweatdropped and ever wondered when the pro hero gets a break. It looks like he needs one.

"Power Loader-sensei is here. He can supervise the entire thing, just in case something terrible happens," the student told you while he replaced the gloves he wore with new ones and went to another room.

Power Loader seemed to have already accepted defeat since he knows that once the two trouble makers are set on something, he wouldn't be able to stop them.

You just stood there in defeat, since you can't exactly outrun someone when you don't know the place that well. You only remember the places Shinso told you. And you don't think it's far enough to hide from the support department student.