Harmony

Harmony Greenwood was far from perfect. She was failing in school, and her parents were worried about her. Not only that, she had to have a perfect sister with straight-A's. She knew she was the worst daughter.

She also was different from her parents, scientists who work for the government, or something important like that. She wasn't really sure about what they did, except it was something her sister Melody wanted to do. 

Ugh.

And she probably was adopted. Her straight black hair, tanned skin, and brown eyes contrasted against her pale, blonde, and green-eyed family. Her parents told her that she was their biological child, but they've lied before. Many times before. 

Better not to remember, thought Harmony, as she doodled in her science notebook. A picture of a blue-furred wolf. Interesting.

"That's a cool drawing" whispered someone.

Harmony looked up, and saw the new girl smiling at her. A blue-eyed brunette who always wore purple.

What's her name again? Something to do with Greek mythology-

"I'm Hera, and I'm new here. Not sure if you know me, but I moved here a month ago because my dad got promoted from the horrible position he had before, and now we're here living in the city. My parents call it a place of opportunity, though I was really sad to leave my friends and my home. I even had to leave my dog behind, despite all of the begging me and my brother Apollo did-"

Ugh, one of those talkers. They think that since I don't talk as much as them, I must be a listener. Can't I just be nothing?

But Harmony's wish wasn't granted. Far from it. She was now everything.