Harmony

She was being chased.

By what, she had no clue. But it wasn't something she wanted to look at. Running harder and harder, Harmony stopped at a cliff. She could see the crashing waves and jagged rocks below her, and knew that she had to jump in.

Still, she looked around for any other option.

There wasn't any.

She could hear her hunter catching up, it's running causing the ground to quake, nearly toppling Harmony over.

I'm going to go down one way or another, might as well do it myself.

Harmony leaped without looking below her, praying that the ocean would favor her and save her from any of the rocks she saw. She sunk into the saltwater, feeling it against her skin, burning her scars. It took her a while to understand what was happening.

She was sinking.

She tried to swim up, but the current was too strong. She managed to grab onto a nearby rock and tried to haul herself up.

I wish I tried harder in gym class! My upper-body strength stinks.

At last, she got a blissful moment of peace in the waters, and attempted to rise up. She failed, feeling a sharp tug at her ankle. Looking down, she realized that somehow her foot had gotten entangled in seaweed or some sort of water plant. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't untie it, because that would mean going down and wasting all of her hard work swimming.

So Harmony went up.

She pulled and pulled, eventually ripping the plant from the ground. And she tried swimming up, higher and higher, until she was above water.

Gulping for air, Harmony looked up to see if the person who was chasing her was still there.

And they were there, but they weren't a person.

They were a Sphinx.

That was when Harmony woke up.