Epi. 12

The sun is already set and I'm walking pretty quickly to Oscar's place

The sun is already set and I'm walking pretty quickly to Oscar's place. I just wanted to be with him after everything that has happened today. I take a turn, and I see Cesar and Oscar. Though it's not a nice brotherly vibe, there's a thick tension between them. I get close to hear him, but not close enough to be seen.

"You messed up." Oscar says in a hard tone.

"Then I'll make it right.."Cesar cries.

What the hell is going on, I thought him and Oscar were close. He pushes him back hard and he stumbles.

"I don't hear anything. do you guys hear something?"

The gang shakes their head and say no going along whatever is happening. Oscar shoves him once again like he is a grown man.

"I'm your little brother." Cesar hisses.

My heart breaks for him. Why is Oscar being so hard on this little boy? he's only fourteen and he's being pushed like that. Oscar spits near his step and my hand covers my mouth. What the hell have I done. This is how he treats his brother! I cannot and will not let this man be around this child.

"I don't know you." He says in the most heartless way.

"But I'm your blood!" He hisses through his teeth.

"Your not a Santo!" Oscar raises and shoves him harder then he has been.

Cesar stumbles back. Frustrated, hurt tears fall down. I can't believe what I am witnessing in front of me. Abuela was right he has a heartless mentality, he can't even be a brother, how will he be a father figure. Oscar knows how I feel about me getting kicked out, how can he do this to a child! And he puts Santos before blood.

"Do you really want me to sleep on these streets?" He cracks.

Please Oscar do the right thing. You know better than to actually do this to a fourteen year old boy. Oscar you know there's a green light to his head. You know you remember that you stayed at Freeridge was to take care of him.

"As long as it's not on our streets." He spits.

The drop on Cesar's face hit my heart bad. I'm having a baby with a monster. Angry tears fall from my face. All this asshole cares about is this stupid gang. Cesar hopelessly walks away and the gang literally barks at him. Oscar is a coward and the worst person I have ever met. How can he be comfortable doing that to Cesar. He walks back into the house like nothing happened. I can't even shake off what just happened.

Oscar comes from out the house with a beer. I walk up to the house with rage in my step. Oscar looks up at me with his dull eyes. Just looking at him made me sick, how dare he do this to Cesar. I walk up to him and shove him with all my might. He stumble back and his jaw tightens.

"Aye the hell was that was for!" He snaps at me.

He grabs my wrist and drags me to the house. I feel scared but not too scared of him. I wanted to slap the shit out of him. He slams the door closed.

"What the hell is wrong with you! That's your brother Osca-" I'm cut off.

"You don't think I know!" I yells frustratedly.  

I shake my head at him. He doesn't know because there's shouldn't be no cell in his body that should think that's okay to do. He sighs and tries to hug me.

"Fuck that!" I push him away once again.

"You can't even put your own blood first! There's no way in hell I'd ever let you near the baby after this shit." I go to walk away but Oscar grabs me.

I slap his cheek and throw the door open leaving the house. All the rest of the gang stare at me crazy. Oscar quickly follows me now pissed off.

"The hell you saying then?!"

I sharply turn around and with my whole being I say what I mean.

"I'm done with your sorry ass and I don't want you near me ever again and you can forget even being a dad." I scream at him with hot tears burning my cheeks.

Some people in the gang make "ooo" or straight up curse underneath their breath. Oscar looks worn out by that and stares at me with now a sparkle in his eyes. Though it soon dulls again and he face turns straight. I turn around and walk away from the lawn and onto the streets. I can hear count downs from every house I pass.

5...4...3...2..1

Happy New Years!