Chapter 5

Nohea's POV:

after we find a spot on the beach, claudia and finneas decided to walk along on the beach together. leaving me and billie alone.

"so i guess it's just us now." i said, getting comfortable in my seat.

"yeah, I guess so." billie says looking over at me. "i barely know you yet i literally feel no awkward tension."

"honestly though. i don't even know your last name." I told billie.

"shit really? well it's o'connell , you?"

"kanē"

"wow nohea kanē. very hawaiian."

"wow billie o'connell. very farmer ish", i joked making billie laugh.

"most people just call me billie eilish though." she informed me.

i laughed, asking,  "damn, how many names you got?"

"billie eilish pirate baird o'connell", billie says making my eyes widen. living in hawaii meant nearly everyone had long ass names but i wasn't expecting hers to be that long.

"pirate? you captain hook or some shit?" i say laughing.

billie rolls her eyes and begins to tell her story "finneas was like four when i was born and my parents let him pick my middle name, his bitch ass chose pirate."

i continue laughing causing billie to smile. "your laugh is cute." she complimented, making me blush uncontrollably.

"shut up"

"no bitch."

...

after long conversations about absolutely nothing and getting to know each other, i convinced billie to let me pick out food for her to eat.

"the fuck is this place?" billie says looking at the "shave ice" sign in front of us.

"a place that sells the best shit ever." i state before ordering billie the same thing as me.

we found a place to sit down and eat our food.

"so this is shave ice, kinda like a snow cone but better." i say staring at the desert in front of me.

"shaved ice?" billie questions innocently causing me to glare at her.

"bitch no SHAVE ice. don't come at me with that shAvEd ice shit." i said with a very annoyed tone. billie to put her hands up in defense.

"damn okay, shave ice and ukulele." She said the names correctly and I smiled.

...

once we finished eating, we started walking back to where we were sitting on the beach.

we found the spot and sat back down

"that shit was fire not gonna lie." billie says about the shave ice.

"see, i told you." I reply giving billie the 'i  told you so' look.