Chapter 14

Nohea's POV:

Claudia invited me to go out to dinner with them to one of those fancy restaurants that are only meant for tourists. I had no fancy outfits for the occasion so maka suggested we go shopping. Doing that on Kauai was a bit of a challenge, to say the least. There was barely any good stores, only boutiques that overcharge tourists.

"Wanna go over in that store?" Maka asked, pointing to a random shop. We had been in a lot of different stores already but I found nothing within my price range that was cute.

"I'm getting tired." I complained, stomping my feet like a child. Maka looked at me up and down. "Shut up before I put you in timeout" She pointed her finger at me, acting like a mother. I pouted and started to fake whine before a karen walked past. Me and Maka stared at each other waiting for her to finally walk past. We burst out laughing and finally start walking to the shop.

"None of this shit is cute". I continued to go through the racks before walking to where Maka was looking.

"Maybe I just shouldn't go" I shrugged in defeat. Maka rolled her eyes and continued to search as if I didn't say anything.

She then pulled out a cute, purple satin dress. I snatched it out of her hands and began walking to the counter without even checking to price.

...

"I fucking hate eyeliner. I quit, i'm not going." I threw the eyeliner down in frustration. A different kind of difficult.

I wiped if off again and tried it for the last time.

"Fuck yeah, i got it!" I shouted in victory. Maka looked up from her phone and stared at me like I had interrupted something important.

"Damn, what did i do?"

"you interrupted my thirst trap!" She scolded. "I'm sorry, your what?" I asked in a disgusted tone.

She ignored my question and stared back down at her phone. She smiled and quickly started typing.

"what are you smiling at?". She looked up at me with a slight pink tint on her cheeks.

"maybe im snapping Kahuna"

"He's literally in the living room right now." I replied a bit confused.

"well yeah but it's too awkward for that. Snapchat is easier"

I rolled my eyes and began trying to put on my lashes. "Isn't it gonna be even more awkward when you walk out there and see him?"

"I'll hide in here till he leaves, duh" She stated, still typing on her phone. "yknow, he's never been this shy. I'm pretty sure he likes you a lot"

"and I'm pretty sure he's just messing with me for fun but i'll take it. i've been crushing on him since the fucking 8th grade."

I topped off my makeup with some gloss and turned around to look at Maka. "how's it look?"

"aren't you just as pretty as a magnolia in may" She quoted the princess and the frog making me smile.

"anyways, i think you just need to go for it." I told her. She pointed to her phone with a duh face. "in real life" I finished.

She groaned. "But that's too hard" maka whined.

"whatever, i'm done with this conversation. I get to eat fancy food soon." I said with excitement.

"Lucky bitch." Maka frowned at me as I sprayed my perfume.

Hey bitch
you better be ready

i just finished
my fucking eyeliner took forever

oo u went full on then
i'll be there in a sec

wait till you see my dress :)

fuck
can't wait
im speeding now

shut up
slow down or you'll be dead before you can see it

i'm turning in
be outside

okay

"Okay, Maka. i gotta go. you can stay however long but don't be sending nudes to my brother from my room."

She sarcastically smiled and waved me off.

———————

i literally don't know why this took so long i'm just lazy.

sorry if this story is a mess, i'll revise it when it's complete.