10

I know what your thinking. Why did I forgive him so fast? Well the reason is that I love him. I can't stay mad at Michael. Plus you got to remember that I'm hiding secrets as well. I've lied to him continuously. So I really have no right to be angry. That doesn't mean his words didn't hurt. If he knew how I felt about him then he would understand. Those three weeks without him were miserable. Then to top it off my step dad was being a real asshole.

I guess he remembered that I kicked him and boy did he take it out on me when I got home that night. He beat me so bad that my mom had to step in. I couldn't move for three days. You wouldn't even recognize me that first week. I was so bruised and swollen. I locked myself in my room for the next two weeks. I didn't come out, thank god I had my own bathroom in my room. I only ate what I had in my room. Which wasn't much.

When the three weeks were up I looked normal, besides the bruises still all over my body. I was happy cause it was the day of the Grammy's. I wanted to surprise Michael by showing up. I had the sexiest dress. Michael was gonna trip. I was getting ready to leave. I applied make up on my face and had my mom put it on the exposed bruises. I was ready to go.

I got to the event and all I saw was stars. Celebrities that is. Some I didn't recognize some I did. I even spotted Diana. That big eyed and even bigger haired bitch better not mess with me tonight. I couldn't wait to see Michael. I got a glimpse of him and he looked breath taking. I will wait for the end of the show to see him. I decided not to sit with the Jacksons. It would be to awkward after my three week disappearance.

Hours later.....

8 awards, he won 8 freakin awards. I'm so proud of him. I ran from my seat to try to get to him. Thank god for my backstage pass. I spotted him talking to Quincy Jones.

"Michael!" I screamed. He looked around for whoever called him and he spotted me. His mouth literally dropped. Mission get Mikey to drool accomplished. It made me feel good to know he looked at me this way.

"Rayne?" was all he said. I could have sworn I actually saw drool. We started small talk and then Diana came which made me so mad. Seeing her stand next to Michael infuriated me. But I'm not in the mood to cuss a bitch out so I left him alone. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me always fighting his battles. I went over to Emmanuel. He is such a cutie pie. I can just eat him up. Unfortunately Brooke was there also. I'm gonna be really nice right now cause there is no way I'm gonna mess up Michael's night.

"Hey there beautiful you must be Rayne." Emmanuel said. Brooke's smile dropped once she saw me and she dramatically rolled her eyes.

"How did you know?" I asked putting my attention back on Emmanuel.

"Michael never stops talking about you. And now I see why. Honey that dress is....wow." I laughed felling awkward being complimented by a twelve year old.

"Thank you E." we carried on conversations till E started to going crazy and looking up brooks dress. Then he had the nerve to try to look up mine.

"You better watch yourself." I said while laughing. Thank god Michael walked up to us. This kid would have seen all my goods.

"You ready to go?" he asked. I took a cab here so I guess it would be alright. Plus I needed to get away from this peeping tom 12 year old.

"Please." I simply said.

The limo ride was fun except for Brooke always giving me the stank eye. She is really pushing my buttons. Michael and I continued to talk and eventually I agreed to spend the night with him.

When we got to the mansion I was so ready to get out of this dress. I didn't bring clothes so maybe I could borrow some of Janet's. I decided to change in Michael's room. As I began to pull my straps down and heard a gasp. Crap. I turned around to see Michael looking at me as if he seen a ghost.