1

“MICHAEL STOP!!!!” I screamed through laughter. Michael decided to chase me around Hayvenhust with a water gun. I had mine locked and loaded but didn’t want to spray water in the Jacksons home. If anything got ruined, I would blame Michael. I ran outside and hid behind a tree, looking around for him.

I knew what I was getting myself into. Michael is a beast a water gun fights. When we first played in 1979, I couldn’t believe how clever he was nor how fast he caught me. But now 5 years later I’m on to him. I knew he would sneak up on me. I enjoy these moments. Ever since Diana Ross cheated on Michael and told him she didn’t love him the way he loved her, I have made it my mission to make him happy again. She destroyed him after that.

I was gonna beat her ass but Michael asked me not to. I hated the see Michael cry. I couldn’t do anything but hold him and let him know I was there. That was two years ago. And things seem to be going good. We are now a lot closer than we were. I go with him everywhere and he does the same with me if he’s not busy. Thriller has been a huge success on his career and I’m honored he let me share all those moments with him. I have even started to have feelings for him.

We already say we love each other, but I’m falling in love with him. I won’t tell him that because I’m afraid. Diana hurt him too much, maybe he will reject me. I hate rejection.   “Rayne, come out come out where ever you are.” I heard him singing. It sounded like he was still close to the house. I peeked out and saw him walking backwards towards the tree I was hiding behind.

Bad move Michael. I jumped out from behind the tree but before my gun could go off I had a water balloon in my face. What the hell? How is this man so damn quick? “NO FAIR MICHEAL!!! You cheated somehow.” I said with a pouty face. He laughed so hard he fell to the ground. So I decided to tickle him while he was already down. I straddled him and tickled his sides and armpits “PLEASE RAYNE STOOOOOP!!!” he yelled through laughter. I thought I had a good hold on him until he shoved his hips upward and flipped me over. Now he was on top tickling me.

“OKAAAAAYYY!!!! Michael I’m gonna pee myself. I surrender!” I screamed. He leaned down kissed my cheek and got off me while helping me up. “Let’s watch a movie or something.” He asked as we walked back to the house. “Sure…..wait what time is it?” “Almost 9, why?” “Oh snap! I got to get home Michael. I’ll call you when I can but I really got to go!” I said in a panic.

He looked at me with pure confusion on his face. “Rayne what’s wrong? Why do you look so scared all of a sudden? You do this every day. Your 19 years old I know you don’t have a curfew.” he said while holding me in place. What Michael doesn’t know is that I have an abusive step father at home. He beats me up for everything. Being late will just give him an excuse to beat the living daylights out of me.

Why not tell my mother you ask? Well because she is present when he does it. She is one of those women that will do anything to keep a man. Especially a man that can supply her with drugs on a daily basis. I don’t tell Michael this because he has enough on his plate. I cover my bruises pretty good.  On day he saw one on my arm and I told him I fell down the stairs. I’m light skinned so I have to apply a lot of makeup.

I just hope this man don’t kill me one day. He’s push me down the stairs, banged my head against the counter, threw me through a glass table….the list goes on. I wish my real dad was here. He got life in prison for attempted murder. When I was 4 my step dad (who was just my mom’s boyfriend at the time) tried to rape me. When my dad found out he tried to kill him. Now he is not here to protect me. I visit him as much as I can. I don’t tell him what I’m going through because I don’t want that pressure on him.  I hate lying to Michael but I try to keep him safe.