11

Rayne's Point of View

I woke up in the middle of the night. I just could not sleep knowing that I, along with Michael and his security will be going to my house. I can't let this happen. Phil will kill me if he knew I told. What if he takes it out on my mom. No...no I can't have that.

I threw the covers off me and walked out of the room. I walked to Michael's room and looked inside. Good. He is fast asleep. I slowly closed the door and walked down the stairs to the front door. As soon as I went to turn the knob, someone opened the door. It was Joseph. What is he doing out at this time of night?

"What the hell are you doin here?" he asked coldly. I knew this man hated me. Why? I don't know.

"I was just leaving Mr. Jackson." I said walking out the door. I was scared out of my mind. This man can scream BOO! and I would pee myself.

"Good then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." he said shutting the door in my face.

I have to walk all the way to my house. Or should I go home? Maybe I shouldn't. I don't know where to go. I have no one to run to. I have nowhere to run to. If I go back to Michael he will make me pack my stuff and leave my mom. If I go home I will get beat again. I'm so confused. I was now at the end of the Jackson driveway. This is it. Am I gonna leave and continue with this horrible life or will I stay and take whatever life throws at me?

I slowly tuned around and walked back to the house. I want a better life. I need a change. I need Michael. My mom never really cared about me so why should I care about her? I'm 19 not 30. I should be living my life to the fullest. I should be happy, and I think I will have all that if I stayed with the Jacksons. If Phil comes after me then let him. I know Joseph won't open the door and I don't feel like climbing in any windows, so ill just sleep on the fountain out back. Damn, now I wish I never left that bed.

20 minutes later..

I woke up. Someone was carrying me. I looked and saw Michael carrying me bridal style into the house.

"What are you doing Mikey?" I asked him in a sleepy tone.

"The better question is, why are you sleeping outside? I came to check on you and you were gone. I looked all over the house for you. I thought you ran off and went back to your house. I was getting worried." He said as we reached the guest room. He laid me down. And to my surprise he got in next to me.

"I was about to sneak back home tonight."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I was scared for my mom but I realized that, I need a change in my life. So I stayed. I will always have her and I'm sure ill visit her a lot. I didn't wanna wake anybody up so I slept on the fountain."

"I'm glad you stayed, but if you had left I would have had to hunt you down and forced you back." I laughed at him.

"Oh Mikey you crack me up. But honestly I don't wanna leave you. I feel safe and protected with you."

"Good cause you are safe and protected with me. I won't let anything...else happen to you. I promise."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and fell asleep in his arms. This is where I'm suppose to be. Right here, with the man I love.

I woke up the and saw it was light outside. Michael was sleeping beside me. I kinda feel he only stayed in here to make sure I wouldn't leave. The thought made me smile. He can be so overprotective sometimes. But I loved the attention. I stared at his sleeping form. He is so angelically beautiful. I don't know why but my lips were like magnets to his cheek. I wanted those damn lips but I didn't want to seem forward. I lightly pecked his cheek but obviously not light enough cause it woke him up.