seven

mafia

"stay still." jungkook mumbled in my ear, as he positioned my arms. his body was practically hugging mine sideways, as we both focused to try and fix my aim.
here we are. jungkook is teaching me how to use a gun in the shooting arena, and i haven't been doing so bad. but i still didn't get a headshot.
"fire."
i pulled the trigger. despite the ear muffins and the sunglasses i was wearing, a loud ringing vibrated in my ears, and my eyes closed shut due to the loud sound of the gunshot.

i opened my eyes, to find a new bullet pierced into the target's chest.
"dammit." i huffed. all i want is one headshot.
jungkook picked up his own gun that looked similar to mine from the table that stood beside him.
"focus on my aim."
he aimed his gun on his own target, and pulled the trigger not too long after.
as expected, his bullet shot right through the target's head.

he seemed satisfied with himself as he made his way over to me again, and begun helping me.
"keep your hand steady. always aim for the head."
jungkook's head practically rested on my shoulder as his hands gripped my arms to try and help me steady them.
"is your aim ready?" he asked.
i nodded.
"fire."
i pulled the trigger once again. i am starting to get used to the ringing in my ears, but my eyes automatically closed from the gunshot.

i opened my eyes. jungkook was smiling widely at me.
i looked at the target. the first and only bullet was clearly visible in the head.
"i did it, i fucking did it." i practically squealed in joy. i started uncontrollably jumping around the room.
jungkook chuckled at my jumpy state.
"good job, y/n. you keep getting better by the day."
"of course i do." I settled down a little.

"i feel like you'll become one of our best members one day." jungkook said, a genuine smile playing on his lips.
i smiled at him, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"i'm not too sure about that." i snort.
"no, i mean it. i've never seen one of my team members learn as quickly as you are."
"o-oh." i stuttered.
jungkook laughed once again at my incoherent state. "we can take a break now. go eat a snack or something, and meet me back here afterwards."

i nodded, and before i knew it, jungkook was already out of the door.

maybe this mafia thing isn't so bad after all.