Chapter 13

The silence that surrounded the two young boys was enough that you could hear a pin fall. Calum lead the way through the forest, Michael clinging to his arm hiding in it at the same time. The two had been looking for almost two hours and there wasn't a sign of Ollie anywhere. Michael was freaking out about it, Calum would tell him to keep calm because they were going to find him, Michael would stop freaking out but couldn't stay calm; it was an endless cycle.

     "Ow." Michael hissed almost tripping on a log, lucky for him the side of his leg caught the log before he could fall over.

     "You know, you would stop tripping if you weren't hiding in my arm." Calum sighed. That was another thing their search was full of, Michael almost tripping every other minute.

     "S-sorry." 

     They continued walking for some time before Calum stopped them. He pulled Michael off of his arm making the boy look at him. "Michael, go back home. I'll find Ollie and bring him to you, okay?" Calum looked over his shoulder at Michael's house, he knew that Michael wanted to help, but Calum also knew that Michael was scared of the forest.

     "N-no! I want to help. Ollie's my dog, I should be the one to find him, or help at least." Michael objected.

     "I know that you want to help Michael. But with you hardly being able to let go of my arm, it isn't getting us anywhere. I'll find Ollie and bring him back." Calum wasn't going to fight Michael on this anymore. He would find Ollie, that dog had a place in his heart too.

     "You'll come back too, right?" Michael asked as Calum started to walk away from him.

     "I- We'll talk about that later. Ollie is the priority right now. Go inside and stay there Michael." Calum weakly smiled at the boy.

     "Okay. The door will be unlocked." Michael smiled back at Calum before walking through his yard and to his house. He looked back at Calum once again when he was on the back porch. Sliding the glass door open he turned on the porch light. 

     "Lights will guide you home." Michael said before walking into his house. He closed the door behind him, making sure that it stayed unlocked.

     Michael walked into the living room where he heard two people talking. He knew that it was Alex and Jack. "Michael! Did you find Ollie?" Alex asked when he saw Michael.

     Michael shook his head sitting down in one of the arm chairs. "No, but Calum's still looking for him. I wasn't much help." He sighed. 

     "Forest boy? You found him, but not the dog?" Alex sighed.

     "Yes. I just hope that Calum finds Ollie soon, theres a storm coming." Michael said looking out the window. The clouds were rolling over quickly, and he could hear the thunder that was in the distance. It could be a dry storm, but Michael knew better then that; the thunder and lightning would come first, than the rain would start, who knows what else could come in this storm. Just being outside before, Michael could feel how cold the air was getting, and he knew that Calum was feeling it too.

     Calum knew that he had a short time frame before the storm hit.