Chapter 6: Going Back?

Everything was black. I couldn’t think strait; my thoughts were completely jumbled like in a dream. “Matt!? Matt!? Are you here Matt!?” The voice was distant; it seemed miles away, just blearily audible. “Oh god… Please no, god please no!” The voice was coming closer and I could now hear footsteps running in my direction. “Matt! Can you hear me Matt!?” I couldn’t respond. I felt someone grab my arm. “Matt, please… I don’t want another death on my hands… Please… Stay with me…” The voice said. Now that the voice was closer I could almost recognize it. It was a female, I could almost tell who it was, but then it all went silent again and I was asleep.

My eyes fluttered open to bright lights shining in my eyes. I was in a hospital gown. I was lying in a hospital bed. My head was wrapped in bandages. ‘What happened? Why am I here?’ I thought to myself. I blinked a few times trying to get used to the bright lights. I turned my head to the side to see Violet sitting in a chair next to my bed.

“V-Violet..?” I asked my voice barely a whisper. She turned her head to me and sighed in relief. “So you’re awake. How do you feel..?” She asked tilting her head ever so slightly. I touched the bandages on my head. It hurt a little like an old burse. “…Not bad actually…” I said after a moment. I pulled the blankets off me and tried to get to my feet, but pulled back reluctantly. My ankle was wrapped. I sat back down. “What h-happened last night..?” I asked. Violet sighed. “I can’t say for sure what happened. All I know is that when I got to Wattpad you weren’t at the gates, I waited there for thirty minutes and you still didn’t show up so I started to look around for you. I looked for another hour… I checked the office, the spare parts room, and all the book sections and couldn’t find you until I saw the prize booth counter was splintered. I ran over there blood was seeping through the cracks in the counter and I didn’t know if you were even alive…” She sighed. “But then you mumbled something about cheese cake and I called the ambulance.” I tilted my head. “Cheese cake..?” I asked cracking a bit of a smile. She laughed hoarsely as if she hadn’t gotten any sleep.

“Hey Violet?” I asked. “H-How long have I been here?” She looked at me with kind eyes, much kinder then the first time we met at least. “You’ve only been here an hour. You should be able to go home soon.” I smiled. “My mom doesn’t know about this, right?” I asked. “Well, no…” I laughed. “Good. Let’s hope it stays that way.” I said with a nod. Violet gave me a strange look. “You sound like you’re coming back to work..?” I smiled. “I need the money.” I said. It was a half-truth. Yes, I did need the money but what I really wanted was to know the secrets of this place. I needed to know what else Wattpad could be hiding and why they kept these deadly animatronics if they were, well… deadly..? I thought about the voices from the dream I had the other night. Who were they? And more importantly what were they? Why did they save my life? Why did two of them want me dead? How could I help them..? I dazed off into a trail of thought for a moment until Violet put her hand on my shoulder. “Matt, I don’t want you to come into work tomorrow…” I stared at her in shock. “W-What..?” I asked. She looked at the floor. “I never should have given you any reason to come back… I never should have given any of the others a reason to come back… Some left after the first night, others… others stayed… Some even made it to the fifth night..! , But all of them… All but one died… and I don’t want you to die Matt… Not another pointless death…” She looked at me with a longing look. “Matt, I’m becoming very fond of you… I was also very fond of Kyla in the time she worked at Wattpad… You even remind me of her… and now she’s in a mental intuition… She survived Wattpad for so long with no reward…” Violet sighed. “Violet.” I said. “I need to go back. I just do, okay? Maybe I can even end all the deaths. Please let me come back.” She gave me a sorrowful look. “I guess I can’t stop you. Just do be careful.” I nodded. “Later I will have some questions; I just need to get my head straight literally…” I said cracking my neck. She laughed at my dark humor. “Well, let’s get you out of here. Nurse!” She called a nurse and I got changed into my uniform and Violet drove me home.

==========================================================

Woolooloo

-Broccoli