Chapter 1 Good news and bad news

I woke up in bed to hear my mum shouting my name all over the house. Now that was not normal. My mum is one of the quietest people i know in my family and trust me i have never heard her being so loud before. my mum and i had always been the closest out of all my other siblings who were my daddy's angels while i am the only mummy's favourite little angel.

I quickly scrambled out of my bed and slid down the wooden railing that prevented me from falling off the stairs as i made it to the kitchen before my mum could yell my name again. I jumped onto the tiny rusty old barstool that we had by the kitchen bench and started ordering my older brother around by telling him to make me breakfast.

"Here let me turn on the tv for you, Lauren darling."" And make yourself comfortable while your brother Jacob brings you your breakfast." My older sister said to me while flashing her perfect pearl white teeth at me. Ok, i didn't really expect any of this today. Normally my brother would have started arguing and bickering with me about breakfast and my sister would have the darling replaced 'by big fat cow'. by now i was anxious to know why everyone was so nice to me and why i had seen my dad dancing his way down the stairs as he came to breakfast. finally i had found my tongue and had opened my mouth to ask when my dad interrupted me by clearing his throat. " um lauren, your mother and i have something we want to tell you." "i promise its something good." he announced to me while giving me a promising smile. which had worked and calmed me down before i heard him mutter under his breath. " well for us it is good news." i immediately put my hand to my ear and listened in closely but jerked away in shock when i heard words that would never come out of my mums mouth, especially for me. " lauren, you are going to be in an arranged marriage."shocked and angry i ran back up to my room and slammed the door. no wonder they were being so nice to me! They just wanted to get rid of me!

little did i know that those ten words would change my life into something that i never would expect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So thats the first chapter of my book, hope you enjoyed it. please comment and vote on how you think it is. sorry for any mistakes, i didn't have time to proofread my work.