The ACT

Chapter One

"hey, 5 tequila shots please " she said to the bar tender as she held on to the bottom half of her dress gathered in her palms as she lifted herself to sit on the bar stool. She dropped her purse on the bar that was almost filled with one brand of beer or the other.   

      "Thank you".
       Dara Gomez was at the corner of 27years old and she was loving it, she had the perfect job that paid for everything down to the littlest of bills, they even had a person in charge of grocery shopping every two weeks, tampons and sanitary pad included, she only spent when she wanted to or ate out with friends and wasn't using the company card.
      No one told her working with an advertisement firm was heaven. She wasn't told so she never told or talked about her job or her life to anyone, she hardly did anything social and whenever someone asks her about work or witnessed some of her work privileges she would be the perfect Nigerian and give a side smile and say

" we thank God".

     Two shot glasses and she could feel her body loosen up, she looked around the club, examining all the different men she could sight, picturing them naked. The five years dry spell was taking its toll on her, five years since her last orgasm, two years since she last had proper sex.
      Although she almost got some for herself this evening. She took the third shot as flashes of the days event came running through her mind, she swept her hair off her face and pinned it behind her ear as she thought of how she had to be the perfect friend, the perfect bridesmaid to her friend. 

     After agreeing to be a bridesmaid, she found out her friend was getting married to her ex, Dayo Craig, she was enveloped with feelings of guilt. She did as much as creating a list of excuses to give the bride who didn't even mind, she even considered telling her about her history with the groom when he made a move at her at the engagement dinner but she didn't want to be the bitch who cried wolf and tried to ruin her friends marriage.

      It was bad enough that half her friends stopped talking to her after they got married because they were married and wanted to cruise with other married women. Another thing was her lack of proof, she never spoke to anyone about her private life talk more of uploading pictures for the world to see and she didn't take them as well.

       It wasn't that she didn't want to, to her she just never got past the 2 month milestones in a relationship, she never got to the picture taking stage for one of two reasons, she didn't want to seem forward by asking or she didn't just like them enough to want to be in a picture with them.
She did her best to avoid him throughout the wedding trip until she couldn't.

    Flashback to three hours before the wedding, She walked out in her full lingerie to find him sitting on the arm chair, paying no attention to him she slipped into her dress in front of the dresser standing in the middle of the large room, within a swift moment he was behind her. Pushing her against the wall, breathing heavily as he forced a kiss on her lips and raised her hand above her head while his other hand found his way into her panties. She jerked back to reality at the thought of the consequences of what they were about to do "stop it " she yelled as she pushed him a way and walked towards the door

    "You know you want me, why have you been avoiding me"  he said towards her as he tried to straighten up his suit, she looked  at him head to toe in his groom suit that would have cost nothing less than half her annual salary, the feel of the cotton on her skin was so comforting it made her think about sleep, the sun reflecting in his black polished shoe as he stood like a roman god.
   She looked up at him to see him clean off  blood from where she had bit him while he kissed her, he looked at it and smiled at her before putting his hands in his side pockets. She looked away and cursed herself for having such good taste in men, he was tall as she was and had the bluest eyes for a black man with thick black beards.