Chapter Two

Chapter two

           She woke up the next morning "was it all a dream ?" , She thought as she sat on the edge of her bed. She looked at the vintage style clock on the wall it was 8:45 and she was late for work. T she took off what was left of her clothing and walked over to the bathtub and turned on the freezing water. 

           She was either to hungover or lazy to avoid it by turning on the hot water . She was late for work but that didn't stop her from sitting in the bathtub and looking into her room and remembering every single detail of what had happened the previous night with the stranger who she didn't even bother to ask for his name. 

         She stared at the edge of her bed where he sat when she tried to please him. She reclined in the bath thinking of the last words he said " Good night " ...."who the fuck does that to another human being " she was frustrated for many reasons, especially because she couldn't remember where the damn batteries were so she could finish the job herself the other reason for drinking so much on a work night, she thought of calling in sick but she was up for a promotion and she didn't want any push backs.

Much as she tried to wash of the scent of her mysterious lover, his scent still enveloped the whole room. She stepped out of the bath tub and took the white towel hanging on the door and wrapped it around her body. She decided to look around her room again for a note or contact from him.

She knelt beside her bed and checked under, hitting her head against the wooden frame as she tried to stand up, could she be more frustrated.
She mentally added the words "good night" to her list of most hated words. She cursed silently and wished she knew how to use the shower head to please herself.

The next five days were equally frustrating, if not more, the more she tried to not think about him and the whole encounter the more it occupied her thoughts as she kept replaying every touch and all the things he did to her body. She started to zone out at work from time to time before she decided to go back to the bar .
She felt like a teenager who was trying to pass a love note across the class only that this was real life and the world wasn't as small as they said it was.

She sat by the bar, trying hard to remember what the name of the bartender was, the same one she met that night, the same one who was serving her pinacoladas " thank you" she said. She hated socially awkward situations especially forgetting the name of someone who acts like they've known each other for ages

" you are welcome Dara" he said

....an hour and four pinacoladas later, while waiting for someone to make and order and include is name so that she could use it to her advantage. She had missed her train home and would probably miss the last bus as well.

Much as she had the companies benefits she still had not gotten use to not having to take public transport. She was starting to get sleepy when she saw someone slip an envelope in front of her nodding head " what , who" she said looking up.

" The stranger you left with the other day sent someone to give me this, to give to you whenever you came around"

" Wait what?" She said amazed but suspicious " so you"

" Yh I knew you didn't know my name but I wanted you to work for it, I figured four pinacoladas were punishment enough" he said with a grin on his face. As much as her frustrated self would love to climb over the bar and choke him, the alcohol in the pinacoladas had her nerves so relaxed  she forced herself to give a smile.
Looking up from the envelope