Chapter 5: Nura's perspective

Chapter 5: Nura’s perspective

I was walking around the forest looking for water for all of us to drink so that we won’t die of thirst. I hope Jacy isn’t worried about me. Let me tell you some things about myself. I was 8 when my mother and father died. They got killed by some robbers. I was under a blanket watching them die. It was so horrible watching them die right in front of my eyes. The robbers stabbed my parents for all of their money and valuables. It was the most horrific and devastating that I’ve ever seen in my life.

Ever since that day I had to live by myself. I cried every day missing my parents. I was a very lonely child with nothing to do, so I walked over to a nearby school and told them what  had happened, so that going to school will cure my loneliness and my boredom, and it did. I grew smarter and I had many friends, I was a little happy at least, I never had a real family though. That’s why sometimes I was depressed, and had many attitudinal problems.

I just wish they were here to guide me and to take care of me. The reason I am here is because one day we went on a fieldtrip to the forest to discover all the animals living here. We looked around searching for creatures. We had to observe and search a lot because we were going to get tested on what we observed. Then I saw an unknown creature and I was so carried away with it that I went close-up and observed every little part of it. It was aqua blue and had lime green wings. I touched it and it felt like silk running threw my skin. The wings were bumpy and rough.

Then I notice that my class wasn’t there, I looked all over, and then I yelled. But no one answered, and then I started crying because I didn’t know my way back home, so from then on I started living in the forest. I’ve lived here for almost two years already and it had been tough surviving, but now I’ve got the hang of it. I think I was a pretty smart girl. I knew geometry and a lot of astronomy. What else should you know about me… oh my favorite color is purple, and I love eating coyotes (well all I survive on is coyotes, berries, and deer) especially when I make my special berry sauce. I think I have a brother, but he’s all the way in Wyoming I believe.

I grabbed my bucket; I think I saw a pond. There might be some fresh fish, yum this will make a great breakfast. So I walk over to the pond and filled my bucket with water, the water looked nice and clean. I try to stick my hand in the water for fish to come out, but of course that wouldn’t bring any fish. Then I saw a chunky worm on the dirt. So I grabbed a twig and stuck it inside the worm, it was fleshy and gelatinous. Then I put the twig in the water, I felt a huge tug then I pulled the twig up, it was indubitably burdensome, I used all my strength, for this is important (I’m starving!) I think I’ve got a bass. A huge bass, massive bass, I couldn’t even believe my eyes. I can’t wait to show Jacy and Magena, and then Magena would probably like me, why should she like me just because of a fish! We are talking about Magena.

The bass was green and gray, and it had huge black eyes. It was gasping for air, but I was starving so I had to eat it. I feel so bad killing it, and then it finally took its last breath. I placed it in my dirty old backpack, then I held the bucket of water and started walking back to Jacy and Magena, it’s going to be a long walk. While the walk I should tell you some other thing about me, my grandparents on both sides are alive, but they all live in Wyoming. I’m still thinking about moving there to live with them, well I have to get out of this forest of course,

I’ve always been dreaming of a big happy family living together, having fun with cousins or brothers and sisters.  My ambition is to get out of this forest and sail to Wyoming, maybe Jacy would like to come along, well that would have to include his sister or she definitely won’t let him go. I still have a boring long walk to go. When I get there I’m going to sleep. I’ve walked for at least east 3 hours. Oh my goodness I think I see Jacy lying on the floor.