Code name: Trappola

•Arabella DiStefano•

"This house is a bit too big for a single man, Ilya," I said watching him look through the clothes he bought for me; I need it for the part I'm playing.

"Well, when I bought it I was in love," he said handing me a lilac wool skirt and a white silk blouse "put that on."

"With who?" I handed him back the hangers and took off my shirt.

"I won't say her name," he told.

"Why?" I threw the shirt to the bed and unbuttoned my jeans "because I know her?"

He glanced away for a second "No, she just left a big void in me." What a bad liar but I won't poke the wound.

"All right, you can tell me when all this is over," I slipped my arms in the sleeves of the blouse and buttoned it up; the last time I did this it was with one of my husband's shirts.

"Maybe," he shrugged sitting on the edge of the bed "I hope Apollo doesn't try to kill me. I really like him."

"I'm sure he will owe you one once he finds out you helped save his son," he passed me the skirt without the hanger "this will form an alliance."

"You're so old school when it comes to being a capo," he grinned looking at me "it's kinda cute but vintage nevertheless."

"Well it's the truth," I scoffed "anyway, where is he?" The man looked in my bag and let out a deep sigh looking at the screen of the iPad I use to track Ethan's phone. One of my girls hacked into it and said not even James Bond would notice and I trust her.

"On his way to the office, going to the same café," he replied "do you have any games in this thing?"

"No, you can download some if you want," I sat beside him and slipped on the white knee-high boots. "Are you coming with me?"

Ilya nodded looking through the App Store "Of course, someone has to take care after you and the baby," he placed his right hand on my stomach "how does it feel?"

"What? Being pregnant?" I glanced down at his hand.

"Being able to create life," he told "we live in such a dense world full of threats, danger and not knowing if when you wake up it will be the last dawn you see in your life; it must be nice doing the opposite."

"It is magical but not every day is a bed of roses, for most of it you're uncomfortable, in need to cry, eat and smack the person who did it to you although the first heartbeat and kick make up for it," my hands immediately went for my stomach "you're never alone."

Ilya smiled softly looking out the window "I had a dream in which I had a baby with her," he gazed at me "and when I woke up my life felt like a nightmare."

"You'll get there one day, Ilya," I threw on the jacket and leaned my head on his shoulder "I'm sorry we can't keep on talking about this."

"My nephew is far more important than any of my problems," he got up and wiped his tears away quickly. Ilya is a really sensitive man but also enormously good at hiding it which saddens me, I hope one day he finds someone who breaks that shell or at least is able to get into it and hug him. I won't touch the subject anymore unless he brings it–