Code name: Papà

•Apollo DiStefano•

My eyes fluttered open, a blinding light again "Artemis..." I whispered weakly. I looked to my right to find a sleeping Arabella on a sofa "Mhhh," my head is fucking killing me. About two seconds later I tried sitting up but failed because my abdomen is just fucking destroyed "Fuck!"

Arabella's eyes shot up, she got up from the dark grey sofa and leaped to my bedside "What are you doing you fucking idiot?!" Her eyes were frantic.

"Well, I'm trying to get up and kiss you!" I groaned as she helped me lay back down.

"Well don't!" A deep sigh left her mouth as our eyes finally locked "I'll call the Doc—"

"No," I shook my head "not yet."

She carefully sat on the bed "What is it?"

"Can you give me a kiss?"

Her cheeks turned scarlet "No—"

This is bullshit "I almost die, give me a fucking kiss woman."

Arabella rolled her eyes before leaning down to place a soft kiss on my lips "You fucking idiot," there were tears sliding down her cheeks as she pulled away "I thought I lost you."

"It's gonna be harder than that to get rid of me," my hands rested on her cheeks.

"I don't ever want to imagine a life without you," she sniffled.

I pecked her lips "Don't bother your mind with those thoughts. How long was I out?"

"Three months," she replied and my eyes went wide but then she laughed "I'm kidding baby. Just three days."

"Princess," I whined "stop it. I almost die."

She pulled away crossing her arms "Will I ever hear the end of it?" Her left eyebrow arched.

"I'll stop for our baby," my hands rested on her stomach "but once he or she is born I won't stop."

My wife grinned placing her hands on top of mine "I want a girl, you have Napoleon—"

"Where is my son?" My heart thumped against my chest "is he okay? Is anyone hurt? How are your girls?"

"Baby, calm down," she placed her hands on my shoulders "everyone is okay. Napoleon is taking a nap, he just ate some lunch."

A big smile played on my lips "What did he eat? Insalata Caprese and ravioli?"

"Yes, baby," a grin appeared on her lips "the dogs are here so don't expect any attention."

I pouted "But I want to—" someone interrupted by walking into the room.

"Arabella, I brought you some—" it was Ilya "oh, I'm sorry, I'll le—"

"No, don't leave," my wife got up and went to grab the tray in his hands.

We looked at each other and he wasn't even trying to compete for dominance which is new "I'm glad you're awake," he broke the silence.

"Why? Don't you want to take my wife?" I feel so ridiculous in this horizontal position trying to fight the bothering sensation of forcing my orbs to be able to look at him.

"Apollo," my wife warned.

A deep sigh left my mouth "Come closer so I can look at you without feeling like a joke."

Ilya stood at my bedside and gazed down at me; why is he handsome? Like I wouldn't blame my wife if she caught feelings because apart from the looks he also took care of her and helped get back my son. Like, that is a keeper right there.