Chapter 2

"Hi sweetie!" says the one and only Pam Fields, my mother, who's too over protectective. I could smell the pancakes drizzled in syrup topped with whipped cream and strawberries.
"Want some breakfast? Freshly made Em!" she said with a smile.
"Sure, thanks." I said as I grabbed a seat and she handed me the delicious food.
I grabbed the knife and fork and slowly cut the pancake, watching the syrup slip off the food. I ate it and cleaned my plate.
"Honey aren't you going to get seconds? there's more up here for you!"
"No thanks mom. I would be late." I said and grabbed my bag.
"Do you have swim practice after school?" she asked.
"Nope, remember I'm trying avoid paige." I said.
Paige was my old girlfriend, and after finding out she was A, I couldn't take another chance. She was ruining my friends and my life for years, she was the main reason and now, there's no A and I was DONE with Paige.
"Sweetie, I'm sorry, I forgot. I've had so much on my mind lately with the news about your fathers arm."
My dads in the military and he recently took a bullet to the arm, he will be ok but they might have to amputate it.
"I know mom. It's alright. I better get to school." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek and
walking out the door.